stoermelder's Idea und Development Thread

@Omri_Cohen did have some fun with it in one of his legendary live streams!

5 Likes

As we probably won’t see Rack v2 in 2020 I’m thinking about releasing MB within PackOne. Not sure though.

12 Likes

@stoermelder Hey, I just noticed that Strip can’t save the parameters that another piece of Strip is containing?

My use case was the following: I had a Curve Sequencer 4 with a Strip next to it, in which I had saved all the Level knobs, Curve knobs, and Duration knobs as randomizable values. This combination of Strip + Curve 4 was next to another Strip, with which I saved them as a strip to be ready for usage whenever I’d need a Curve Sequencer 4 with randomizable knobs. Unfortunately the randomized knobs weren’t saved into the strip.

Is this not a possible scenario or am I missing something when doing this?

Not sure I understand you correctly. STRIP is stateless, there is nothing saved inside of the module, you can only export/import your strips.

Okay, that might be the issue here. So, if I’ve understood correctly, the state of all the modules inside a strip is saved to the strip? What I’m trying to do is save the current state of a second STRIP module (with the CS4 knobs saved as included knobs for random) inside a strip, but if the STRIP is stateless, this information is not saved?

Same happens when I try to copy-paste the same combo. And I apologize if I’ve managed to explain the issue not so clearly, second language etc.

Ah, ok, you mean included or excluded parameters for randomization, don’t you? These are saved in the module itself, but not exported in the vcvss-file. Maybe you can provide a patch or something to explan it better?

Exactly!

Here’s a patch for demonstration, hope it opens up what I was looking for. curveseq4randoexample.vcv (7.3 KB)

I guess the problem wouldn’t be there, if the randomization section of STRIP would be its’ own module, but I presume that’d be a bit of a niche case.

Maze works amazingly well for ratcheted hi-hats!

2 Likes

@stoermelder

Hi Ben, how do you unhide modules in MB?

Thanks!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, Ben.

@stoermelder I apologize for bothering you about this, but is there any way the random functionality in Strip could be its own separate module? It’s just that there doesn’t seem to be any other modules that do the same, so the possibility to create the perfect modulation strip preset with Curve Sequencer seems currently impossible.

Hi @stoermelder

I’m trying to use the mirror module to sync the knob of two units of NYSTHI Programmer.

Automap works well but when I move the knob on the master module, it move the slave module at ±10% of what it should be.

What am I doing work? thanks :slight_smile:

Maybe. To be honest I regret creating STRIP as it is now, I should have designed two separate modules from the beginning.

1 Like

@synthi My MIRROR module uses ParamQuantity::getValue() and ParamQuantity::setValue() for the knobs, any chance these two work on different ranges for your Programmer?

I use a custom ParamQuantity for the 64 knobs
and yes they works in pair with contextual menu for the ranges

and yes, it’s a special case range for the setvalue is 10x the getValue

maybe I have to recheck

That would be the most awesome thing that happened in my life so far if it would become reality.

I thought about whether it would be possible to use the stroke module in such a way that when the key is pressed or a key is pressed several times, the voltage can be increased or minimized step by step up to a maximum value (+ -5v). In this way you could, for example, increase the mixer controller with the buttons (1-8) and decrease it with shift + (1-8). In principle, you would use 2 keys on the keyboard instead of rotary knobs. I tried to do that with sequencers. But if you press too often, the sequence module will unfortunately overflow and the volume will suddenly turn up or down completely. You can see my construction in this patch https://patchstorage.com/vcv-rack-58-life-is-a-crazy-nut

Weil du auch Deutsch verstehst, und ich in englisch schlecht erkläre, das ganze nochmal auf Deutsch ^^. Ich habe mir überlegt, ob es möglich wäre das stroke modul so zu benutzen, dass bei gedrückter Taste oder bei mehrmaligem Drücken einer Taste die Spannung bis zu einem maximalen Wert schrittweise erhöht bzw. minimiert werden könnte (±5v). Auf diese Weise könnte man z.B. Mixer Regler mit den Tasten (1-8) hochregeln und mit shift+(1-8) runterregeln. Man würde im Prinzip anstelle von Drehreglern 2 Tasten auf der Tastatur benutzen. Ich hatte das mal probiert mit Sequenzern zu realisieren. Wenn man aber zu offt drückt, gibt es beim Sequenz Modul leider einen Überlauf und die Laustärke regelt dann plötlich ganz hoch oder ganz runter. Meine Konstruktion kann man in diesem Patch sehen https://patchstorage.com/vcv-rack-58-life-is-a-crazy-nut

Vielen Dank für deine Arbeit. Deine Module machen einiges einfacher in VCV Rack :slight_smile:

Take a look at PILE :smile:

2 Likes

Wow, that is exactly what i’m looking for. Thank you :slight_smile: