SSD disks vs. other ways to improve Rack performances on Linux

I was frustrated by constantly hitting the wall with my patch sizes until I switched to the Skrylar JACK I/O module. Much better performance, my patches no longer fall over as they grow. Alas, the plugin is no longer maintained and it seriously needs updated. Connections to & from the module are not persistent on reload, nor will it autoconnect via QJackCtl. My guess is that some spots in the code need updated to the latest JACK API. At any rate, despite these caveats the module offers superior JACK performance in VCV Rack.

I was frustrated with Rack performances until I stopped using Jack [details] and kept only using Alsa. EDIT: this reversed (and I got back to Jack) after further messing with kernels.

:man_shrugging: :woman_shrugging: YMMV I guess.

It varies indeed. My hardware is a bit different, I have an M-Audio Delta 66 audio interface running at 48 kHz, works nicely with JACK.

We forgot to post the main resource about this… https://vcvrack.com/manual/FAQ#how-do-i-improve-performance-of-vcv-rack

I had one of those from 2000 to 20019. My new computer doesn’t have any legacy slots, to I had to update.

I had one of those from 2000 to 20019.

Long-lived machines, eh ? :slight_smile:

4 Likes