Squinktronix Harmony discussion thread

Is the trigger delay in the context menu functional? I failed to detect any change in behavior.

I think it is. I tested it a bit. It’s only 5 samples. I can check it more if not working. And of course the trigger on CV change has to be off or that can mess things up.

I got it to work now, thanks. I just needed to disable “retrig. on notes and CV” as well.

yeah, I think there may be something wrong there. Or it’s just that the cv always wiggles around and messes it up. Looking at the code that thing cv + trigger might be the default, but probably it’s a bad default?

I’m continuing to play with the newest releases of Harmony and Arpeggiator. What would you say the primary use case for the X-pose is? I may have gotten hung up on a tangent. I was trying to use the patches above with X-pose and PMR to create a 9th chord. I failed miserably. Was that a tangent that still doesn’t work as imagined above? After coming out of the PMR, there are 8 channels active I don’t see how we could get a 9th chord out of that. Of course you were running the output into an Arpeggiator, so maybe you were able to simulate a 9th chord arpeggiation but not a 9th chord itself?

if you xpose up 4 scale degrees you should get a harmony that’s a “fifth” above the other one. It’s true that an 8 note “9th chord” is something of a monstrosity. I expect it would have lots of doublings in the root and some in the third and fifth, none in the 7th and 9th. It’s definitely not “proper” by any rules I know, but it does get more notes in there.

If it makes usable sounds I’d say it’s a good feature. If everyone hates it it’s a bad feature.

Thanks. I am recalibrated now. Yes, this is a usable sound.

Selecting an “inside-out” Arpegiattor pattern on this 8 note 9th chord produces a bit of a jazzy feel.

yeah, I like “inside out”, too.

1 Like

I attempted to post here about the final version of Harmony and Arpeggiator, but the forum software said my post was too similar to the last one, and wouldn’t let me post it.

If you are interested, head over to the thread “Squinkytronix Arpeggiator discussion thread”.

Hi, Noob question. How to add the Squinktonicx Harmony to the vcv rack library?? Thnx

There is a process for a developer to add an open source plugin to the library. But, as I stated above, I am not going to be doing that.

You mean this will NEVER be available from/in the VCV Library ? Only from GitHub ?

Yes. The announcement is in the arpeggiator thread. Forum wouldn’t let me re post here.

1 Like

Ah you mean this post :

:+1:t2:

Please, could you repost the latest version? github links are not working

Sorry, it’s not public any longer.

1 Like

in my humble opinion, vcv rack is incomplete without these two modules. like jazz music without Miles Davis…

4 Likes

Or The Crucial Three without Pete Wylie.

is he the guy Wah! guy? nice.

thanks!