Spontex patches/music thread

Hi All,

So many contribution and knowledge shared in this community brings me to install and play with VCV rack. Lot of testing, tutorials, try out… COVID period helps me to find some time. I think I’m ready to share some of my patches with you.

Hope you’ll appreciate. Take care

Auto generative patch with lot of small modulations and voices. Hope you’ll appreciate

4 Likes

Hypnotique :slightly_smiling_face:

merci oOo

Hello,

I’m happy to share another patch. I made it calm & chill.

Except the song arrangement I did to avoid playing with VCV while recording (my computer can’t afford both at the same time), it is mostly random.

Each recording provides another version of the song. Hope you will appreciate this one.

Take care & enjoy music !

2 Likes

Some really interesting sounds in there. Nice arrangement.

Thanks a lot !

Hello,

I’m happy to share another patch.

Still calm and random.

I kept only 4 minutes of it but it evolves a bit.

Hope you will appreciate. Still improving. Please let me know your feeling with it :blush:

Take care and enjoy music !

3 Likes

Hello,

I’m happy to share another patch.

Less calm, more techno, I was looking to provide different emotions with darker and brighter parts. I tried also to use only one voice module (LindenbergResearch - Woldemar) and HetricCV Contrast with it (idea from the weekly contest). I use FM-OP only for one effect. In case you would like to use the patch, the sample is built from the riser played backward.

Beware of the song length, you may think it will end in the middle but it’s a trap :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope you will appreciate and if you noticed some improvment compared to my previous posts, your comments are more than welcome.

As usual

1 Like

Hello

I’m happy to share this new patch with you.

It took me some time to get the result I was looking for. Hours spent to design some sounds (even if you may not hear it :slight_smile: ).

As I discussed with some of you in the forum, this patch reach the limit of my CPU (75 to 90%) but I’m happy I could record it without any glitches

• several pads
  • several voices
  • a touch of randomness

I hope you will like it. Your feedbacks helps me to improve myself.

As usual

4 Likes

Très beau travail, merlin :slightly_smiling_face:

Merci Marc, c’est très encourageant.

Mon prochain objectif, travailler le mixage pour aérer la composition, moins brouillon dans les pad.

Hello

After hours of tries and re-tries, I’m happy to share with you this song.

I was looking for a bassy, “gras”, sound surrounded by musical string and flute. Working on this patch was like going to the “small world” eurodisney show… I can’t get this song out of my head.

I hope it will make you the same :stuck_out_tongue:

Have fun and do music

As usual

3 Likes

Hello rackers

2 weeks already since the last patch and I’m happy to share a more techno, jumpy song.

The challenge was to use always VULT modules when available for a function (vco, vca, adsr, slew, s&h, filter, etc…)

I’m quite happy with this patch. I also spent a lot of time learning DaVinci Resolve to make the YT video a little bit more dynamic. It was fun with some headache.

To summarize, learning rack module to obtain the wished sound and video tool to see it rendered is like making a 360 in the air, sometime, we crash :smiley:

Please let me know your feedback on the sound and the video.

Have fun and do music.

As usual

5 Likes

nice stuff.

1 Like

Very nice! Any tips on learning DaVinci Resolve?

thanks for your feedback!

Any tip on DaVinci ? hours of youtube tutorial on fusion (lot of good tuto) to understand the workflow and patience with try & fail. Also, a good computer (not mine) when playing with particles :frowning:

Tres beau travail, merlin (and the video presentation too). Compliments :slightly_smiling_face:

Merci beaucoup pour tous ces encouragements. Je prends mon temps même si je n’ai pas encore trouvé le son saccadé que j’ai en tête. Et puis, en essayant, je me retrouve avec d’autres idées, d’autres ambiances, c’est sans fin… j’adore

1 Like

Hello !!

Please find my new patch with 80’s like sound, I think :smiley: (ready player one).

I challenged myself by using only limited chords progression with an arpeggiator and based on this material, proposed different melodies with different voices.

I hope you will like it.

Have fun and do music

As usual

4 Likes