Speed of Sound Parameter in SoundStage?

What was the speed of sound utilized in Sound Stage code in order to translate Size to Sound?

Im working on studies of sound and their relationship with size, and, this specific detail is of paramount importance in order to continue on this studies with this beautiful module (since its the only I know of that has size controlled reverb).

Thanks for helping :slight_smile:

Sound Stage is proprietary closed source, so only Vortico and other VCV devs with access to the source would know.

WIkipedia says ~343 M/sec at 20℃. presumably this is at sea level and average barometric pressure, because the speed also depends on air pressure. That at least would be a starting assumption that you can correct based on analysis of observed results.

Wouldn’t it be interesting to be able to choose the material that the sound is propagating through. What does you patch sound like in a room filled with ice?

2 Likes

Oh Yes. I’ve found interesting relationships with diffrent materials in a numerial sense. like hydrogen, which is the most abundant element in the Universe :wink:

maybe i’m misunderstanding here, but doesn’t Valley’s Plateau reverb have a “size” parameter?

From the Plateau docs: " Size: Sets the overall delay time and apparent ‘size’ of the reverb."

Not exactly the same sense of Size as in Sound Stage where it is literally the dimensions of the simulated room.

ah, gotcha

1 Like