Special LFO

Hello,

I’m working on a Korg MS10 patch.

I need a LFO with a knob to go from a « left saw, triangle, and right saw (9h, 12h, 3h). I tried different strategies, but impossible to find a way to do that…

Any idea? Thank you!

1 Like

This is an easy job for a scanner. In Euro I would use the DivKid Trace or Joranalogue Morph 4. This will get you most of the way there.

Tweak the scale on the BogAudio Offset to dial in the right voltage range to scan 3 outputs. Monitor the mix output of the Hetrick Scanner, or mix the first 3 outputs separately.

All a scanner is is an extended crossfader, and a crossfader is just two VCAs and a curve, so it would be possible to build that out and posssibly get a smoother result, but it’s too late at night for that here!

One further thought - if you want to see a smooth movement of the apex then you could use a wavetable editor then load that into a wavetable module.

4 Likes

A quick and dirty wavetable from Zebralette 3’s editor. Peak moves in the way I think you want ?

2 Likes

I think he’s going to use this one :blush:

1 Like

won’t @DaveVenom’s VCO lab do this?

Nope. But I am working on a module that will do this. Totally not what the module is designed for, but it will work well.

3 Likes

Nozori will do the trick itself

otherwise on SN just set the first parameter to look like a triangle and then move the fifth parameter

remember you can always do something similar on TinyTricksWave

I found a solution years ago on VCV Rack V1 looking to replicate the EMS SYNTHI, if you want to take a look the discussion is here

btw I am sure there are others VCOs/LFOs that will do the trick themselves but I cannot find them right now :broccoli:

1 Like

I guess everyone has had a go at this, but Step Wave can also do what you want I think… with some helper modules:

You can set the LFO rate with the clocked. HexMod is just modulating the slope input, but you can delete and just use the big Morta knob to do the same.

CVfunk-LFO.vcv (2.1 KB)

2 Likes

Also Tides can do what I think you’re asking for at fixed frequency:

8 Likes

:fu: The correct solution

1 Like

Who! So many interesting solutions during the night (here :smile:). I’ll study all for sure. Thanks you all. Have a nice week. Alain

1 Like

What is that glitch on the scope?

Screenshot was taken mid re-draw.

1 Like

Thank you for this solution, the link to this editor, and the wav file! Perfect. I didn’t know this type of module (scanner). I will use it for sure in different patches.

Alain

1 Like

Yes!

So many information in this post. Wahoo! Thanks again. Alain

1 Like

Will study these modules I don’t know. Thanks for the link on this discussion. Indeed, same idea. Thank you. Alain

frozen wasteland bpm lfo 2 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Several modules I didn’t know. Thanks! Alain

1 Like