Sparvnätter (Sparrow Nights) Patch Journal

Blooming luverly, reminds me of early Kraftwerk. So great in my book!

1 Like

a fixie with a bird on top

love

1 Like

chord player

sun day

1 Like

Huh, that’s a nice fixie. This rolling carriage or heavy wood door opening sounds vaguely familiar…

1 Like

One Row Only

3 Likes

3 Rows

Sommar Rack

2 Likes

3 mo rows

Sit together

2 Likes

I love the “chirping insect” sound - reminiscent of katydids in the forest on a warm summer night.

1 Like

Blue nights - keeping it simple

2 Likes

Saw some birds today

Winamp

2 Likes

Aurora

Smile

2 Likes

The Sickness

4 Likes

the incomplete - a Friday meditation session

4 Likes

Colorcoded - a patch for starters (notes): Hi! This is a simple color coded patch for beginners. The four colors are YELLOW, GREY, WHITE & RED. This is what they represent: Yellow are gates/pulses (the rhythm) Grey are CV (control voltages) that control pitch and modulations White are audio for left channel audio Red are audio for right channel audio

1 Like

Nice, but I think you can hardly call a patch based on Audible Audio’s Random Sampler a “simple patch for beginners”. Also I’m beginning to wonder if it would be useful to develop a worldwide standard for colorcoding. Most other patchers use blue for gates and yellow for CV. I like the white for left channel audio, although I use very dark grey myself.

1 Like

There have been other discussions on cable color coding conventions here (do some searching).

Conventions break down under various usages, unless the convention uses a particular color for "Other ". Given the limited number of default cable colors, there just aren’t enough colors to cover the spectrum of usage. Plus there are ambiguous cases. So, color coding is only good for the simplest of patches.

That’s not to say if something works for you to organize your patches, then use it!

1 Like

Mutable instruments Marbles is pretty easy to learn for generative + locking pitches and gates. The manual is (at least was) on mutable homepage! :wink:

Love!

3 Likes