Song Covers made in VCV Rack

:black_heart:

Thank you!

Lovely!

M.Jackson and P.McCartne - Say say say

2 Likes

original Modular remix … love it!

One of my favourite pieces of music - John Cage’s 4"33’

This is arranged for a string quartet, but it could be expanded to the full orchestra. The tempo is set to 60 BPM as specified in the sheet music.

I plan to use Host and the BBCSO voices with Meander for a full orchestral version, which would count as a cover version of their performance of the piece at the Proms in 1999.

John Cage 2’33".vcvs (59.0 KB)

3 Likes

Great cover!

not an expert but wasn’t this played on piano?

1 Like

I think it was, although it would probably sound the same on any instrument.

2 Likes

The original score was written for solo piano, but as with many pieces of classical music, it can be adapted for a string quartet, acapela choir, chamber orchestra, symphony orchestra or (as explicitly stated on some copies of the score) for any instrument or combination of instruments. There is even a jazz arrangement in C#Maj / GbMaj in 7/4 time by Nate Kang. I once saw the piece performed by a death metal band, and there are reports of it being played by folk artists around the world.

1 Like

One of a few on YT

4 Likes

I like one of the YouTube comments:

“Does anyone have any guitar tabs for this? I want to try playing it at home.” - Ishkur23

3 Likes

. . . and here’s your earworm for today . . .

T2.vcv (9.7 KB)

9 Likes

Huzzah for Midi files [if that is what you used?]. Sounds good, nice and simple yet effective patch!

Yeah I started writing the melody in one of the Impromptu sequencers, but then got lazy and just edited a midi file. I had this tune stuck in my head the whole day, so just had to get it done. :smile:. I think it’s time to dig out the old DVDs.

1 Like

That is impressive.

Ah, I remember seeing this thread before. I guess my twist on Steve Reich’s Piano Phase in VCV belongs here.

3 Likes

Love that piece, and the VCV renditions of it.

3 Likes

Lovely. Like the first one for its sound design/performance and the second for sticking to the song structure.

Really interesting approach.