Seaside Modular Announcements Thread: v2.5.2

I had to prune some files from the repository after submitting to the library I wonder if that is causing the git warnings, but I’m not sure.

It’s your .gitignore file. It needs to be made unix aware. Mine is a little over the top, due to… historical reasons.

**/build/
**/build_test/
**/dist/
**/Debug/
**/Release/
**/.vs/
.vscode/
*.opensdf
*.sdf
*.ipch
Squinky.suo
*.dll
*.so
*.dylib
*.exe
*.user
1 Like

These are available in the library now. Video demos:

21 Likes

Wonderful stuff! Congrats and thank you.

Great modules :+1:
thank you

Great modules and videos. Thanks

Great stuff! Jawari sounds fantastic, works great when feeding it a burst of random triggers and then letting it ring out for a while, then repeat. Also the Proteus expander is a heaven sent. I used to have several instances of Proteus before or recorded the Proteus notes into the Impromptu phrase sequencers.

Two small requests though:

• In the release notes you mentioned that a new Indian scale was added. Does that refer to Jawari? Because I can’t find it in Proteus.
  • Jawari never goes back to full silence, there’s always a low residual hum after letting it ring out. I actually checked my hardware for the source of this hum. :slight_smile: Any chance this could be improved?
1 Like

I think I am one of many that is falling in love with the sound of the new Jawari module. And the Proteus expander makes a great sequencer even better.

I am abusing the Jawari in a way I think you never intended, but I love the results. I would love to have CV control over the semitone, octave, and root note. But I am sure that would be antithetical to the ethos of the tanpura, and the Stoermelder uMap works well enough.

I’m pretty sure I will be jamming with flutes to this patch in this coming Monday’s Virtual Open Mic.

Jawari Coercion.vcv (2.5 KB)

7 Likes

Ah shoot you are right, for some reason bhairavi didn’t make it into the release. I will fix the notes for now but will include it in the next release. Will also investigate the infinite sound. Thanks!

1 Like

You know, enough people have asked for it now that I will likely include some kind of cv control over pitch in the next release.

6 Likes

great news! i loved what i heard while playing around with it, but the inability to easily change the pitch with a sequencer was really all that was keeping me from building a patch around it :stuck_out_tongue:

Does the expander save sequences states when saved in a patch? because here (w7-rack 2.2.2) this is not working…

I wonder if Proteus or its expander is causing me to crash a little bit. In my latest patch up, every so often it will crash and output a horrible buzzing sounded until rack is relaunched.

Any guidance appreciated. wonderful modules by the way!!

log.txt (105.0 KB)

I have not experienced any crashes under Win11 and Rack 2.3.0 using a somewhat complex patch with Proteus, pX and Jawari while doing various CV controls.

Is there any pattern to the “crashes”, such as do you have to run for a while, or are you doing patch editing? I did not see any evidence of a crash in your log file.

Edit: I am running version 2.4 Seaside Modular.

Yes, saved sequences should survive restarting if that’s what you are asking.

I don’t see anything unusual in this log file.

i have tried installing new vcv build 2.30, still no luck, saved slots are lit but if i try to load, the output is an empty sequence

Ok thanks, I will look into this.

thanks for looking, I think I corrected my issues (windows stuff mainly)

What did this turn out to be related to? I ask because I discovered today that some recent plugin update (most likely) is causing quite a few of my existing patches to crash Rack with no crash info in the log file. I cannot figure out the pattern to these crashes. I’m running Rack 2.3.0 under Win11.