Sapphire Pop: new module release candidate

Or … how about as an expander module, and make both options available simultaneously?

Another way I could have achieved a random gate length was to use a single channel to trigger a T-Type Flip Flop, so a polyphonic T-Type Flip-Flop expander (that also works as a standalone module?) would be nifty. Especially if I’m not doing any of the work to make it so.

Something I must try (before I forget about it) is to use, say, 4 SR FFs, hook up all four SET inputs to a trigger from the same channel, but use unique triggers for the RESETs. Could have four VCAs start up at the same time, but they cut off at random different times.

Moots already has this feature.

Huh? I thought it was just a switch (albeit a unique one).

I mean that Moots has a right-click menu toggle that switches between trigger mode and gate mode. In Moots, the mode affects the behavior of the 5 gate input ports. The toggle I just added to Pop changes the output mode between trigger/gate. So it’s not really the same thing, just similar in user interface.

1 Like

Is that a reference to “Geiger”? The raw output as audio certainly sounds like a Geiger counter, which depends on radioactive decay. It would certainly make it easy for me to remember. Maybe just “Geig”, for brevity. Plus, neither “Geig” nor “Geiger” are already in use.

Then again, it sounds like popcorn being made. :popcorn:

About the word “pop”: It does remind me of “pushing” and “popping” data into and out of stack memory. I think there are shift register modules that do that.

1 Like

RAD

4 Likes