Rules for Plugins & Modules category

Questions and tutorials about specific plugins/modules and building patches with multiple modules.

Rules

• Follow the VCV Community Rules.

• Titles of threads should be as descriptive as possible in one sentence. “Need help” is not acceptable and will be removed or changed. “What module can extend a gate signal?” is a better title.

• For threads about a particular plugin or module, the thread title should follow the format “[Plugin and/or module name]: [topic]”. For example,

• Fundamental VCO-1: How do I modulate the frequency?
    • Audible Instruments: What is your favorite module?
  • Bug reports and feature requests for plugins are allowed here in order to discuss with other users, but it is often better to report them directly to plugin developers. See Bug reports and feature requests for Rack plugins for instructions.

I have renamed this category from “Patches & Plugins” to “Plugins & Modules”.

Remember to title your threads according to the rules above.

A quick reminder about forum rules, and how to properly interact with other users and developers:

Just because a module isn’t your favorite, or doesn’t do exactly what you want, doesn’t mean you have the right to discourage other users to use it, or Harass/insult its developer.

It’s totally okay to say “i prefer [insert module name] compared to [insert module name] for [insert purpose]”

It’s not okay to say “[insert module name here] is a loss of time because it doesn’t do what i want and the dev doesn’t add the functionalities i want”

A few things to remember (especially regarding free plugins, whose devs give their time for you) :

• Devs are free not to add a feature you asked for, just because you want it. Your suggestion might not correspond their vision for their plugin, they might not have time to implement it, or it might be impossible to do, whatever the reason, it’s their choice
  • Please remember some devs might be beginner coders, or maybe have limited time/ resources to work on their plugin, so please be patient if the bug you reported isn’t fixed immediately after your report.

Note that it is acceptable to criticize commercial plugins, since after all, you paid for it and the developer is obligated to provide a working plugin in exchange for a payment. With that said, we believe that while constructive criticism and discussion of all software are healthy, harassment won’t be tolerated.

If you believe a post is problematic, please flag it or reach out to a moderator so we can take action, the team isn’t really big, and there is a lot of things to read, we might have missed it.

We want the VCV Community to be a safe place for everyone, and that includes of course 3rd party plugin devs.

3 Likes