Resonator bad start bug.

If you mean the Rings bug, it’s fixed in Audible Instruments, but I’m unsure about Southpole Annuli which depends on the same git submodule. I’ve not sent a report about the Plaits/Aux sync bug as that’s more a matter of intent. Maybe they really want it to work the way it does. I have a private fix, but it boils down to their taste, and I’m not sure how to proceed. Last I checked, Xenakios had not filed a bug report either.

1 Like

Do you know when it (the rings bugfix) will make it in to a vcv release?

think not the next years… Xenakios was my hope…

I get occasional issues with rings, just cloned the repo, went to build and got:

src/Frames.cpp:2:10: fatal error: frames/keyframer.h: No such file or directory
#include "frames/keyframer.h"

The v1 branch of AudibleInstruments git pulls the eurorack submodule that has this fix. To the best of my knowledge, southpole has not updated the commit of the eurorack submodule referenced, so I have to patch that by hand. You may have found a different bug though.

Sorry if I’m being stupid but do you mean that the fix is in the current release? I can’t see anything in the changelog about it. Or if I build it from source the fix will be there but it’s not in the release binary?

I think it’s picked up by Mutable Instruments :

But not by Audible Instruments.

1 Like

Eh? I looked just today at the what gets pulled by ‘git submodule update --init --recursive.’ The repo with my fix is fetched.

I don’t understand one word of what you are typing, but I assume I typed something stupid. I am not a programmer ! :smiley:

I’m not sure about the binary, as I locally build anything that is open source. The submodule source for eurorack in AudibleInstruments has my initial value fix for rings. The only things I need to patch locally are plaits and southpole/annuli.

1 Like

I’ve just built from source and it does seem to solve the problem. Thanks for the info and the fix (or the other person if it was them), really happy to be able to freely play with Rings now.

Do you have a mac version to share?

@Vortico Audible Instruments could use a fresh build submitted to the library in order to incorporate the new fix in the eurorack submodule.

1 Like

I’d be mighty grateful if anyone was able to build and share a linux version…

Only Linux I’m afraid.

@robb here you go

Aw yeah, thanks @TroubledMind

1 Like

As there doesn’t seem to be any action on the Plaits/MacroOscillator 2 issue, I’ve taken the initiative of sending a pull request to pichenettes for my version of Xenakios’s patch (initial offset at 0.25). More noise as it happens.

I’ve also alerted gbrandt1 of the rings update, and I hope he updates the submodule reference in southpole.

3 Likes

Any updates about this?

1 Like

The folks at Mutable Instruments have taken my second patch, but I don’t believe it’s been pulled into the Audible Instruments modules yet. I’m not sure Southpole is actively maintained anymore.

From what I can see, the AudibleInstruments code has been updated from upstream by @Vortico on May 3, 2020. This includes the fix for the resonator initialization to 0.0f, which was committed to upstream on April 29. The fix should be available in the latest version of AudibleInstruments, which is 1.4.0.

2 Likes