Rcm - New Features and Duck

A new drop of the rcm modules collection has made its way into the plugin manager.

Now includes SEQ Adapter: see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejl-DSMguCU

This brings a few extra features to the piano roll, mainly play/pause, recording and chaining.

I’ve also added the Duck module back in, for very basic audio ducking.

Hope you folks enjoy it.

There’s also a manual of sorts in the github readme:

11 Likes

Thanks Jim!

Pretty cool indeed! Thanks @JimT
I’d love an option to directly record (without pre-recording).
Mono overdubbing notes could be cool too (i.e. do not delete previous notes when recording and there’s nothing on the gate signal).
Just an idea!

1 Like

Beautiful stuff!

Thanks Jim!
I just tried the reverb for the first time. As you allude to, it’s difficult to use, but after much fiddling the sound of it is actually really nice.

@JimT Nice refactoring / code organization, btw. :smiley: Noticed while browsing for examples of code implementing more involved UI’s. There are lots of nice examples in the PianoRoll code.

1 Like

Thank you, you’re not supposed to notice re-writes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If you’re looking at the code, does this mean you’ve found the easter egg … ?

duck seems to be an interesting one! tommorow I going to check it

let me know if it works for you or if it should do something different

1 Like

Announcing SEQ Adapter, a new module in the “rcm” plugin.

This module applies a Nord Style reset to sequencers, which can ensure that many sequencers like SEQ-3 play the first note of the sequence when you start the clock.

There’s a 9 minute video explaining the start sequencer problem and showing how the SEQ Adapter can help resolve it here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejl-DSMguCU

6 Likes

Ah man, I hope that from the look of the video you made, that it is the answer to my frustration I’ve been having for a long time. Sometimes, the TrigSeq64 would not play on first step, and I couldn’t figure it out at all. And it’s been going on for a while.

I will test this really soon.

Thanks a lot Jim

1 Like

Weird, in my testing I found trigSeq played the first note ok. but I did find that resetting whilst running puts it out of sync - and seq adapter doesn’t change that yet.

have just thought I could add an option that always delays resets to go out with the next clock. There’s a fair few sequencers that don’t reset well whilst you’re running.

Well another weird thing for me is that, it doesn’t happen in all the patches, all the time. I mainly use the same “modules” setup, so all patches have certain modules included when I start a new patch. But for the love of me, I never understood why sometimes it did that desynch thing.

1 Like

it’s an ongoing problem, not solved yet, but hopefully we’re getting closer

1 Like

Could have to do with things like sample delays (each new module delays a signal by 1 sample IIRC)

So with maybe bigger patches, the more delay is introduced? That could be why it’s not all patches that gets “un-synched”, and so far I’ve never made that correlation between patches. Could it be that simple?

afaik, yep. just toss in mults where you need extra modules in the CLK path (my personal fave is the Ohmer 1x9 because it’s 2HP, obvs you might have another you prefer) to test it

1 Like

Wait?? I always thought mults weren’t really needed in VCV because why have one more module that gives out multiple outs when you can just get 10 cables out a an output?

Are you suggesting there is a difference in using mults?

I’m just suggesting using them as a tool for diagnosis. But yes, just as would any other module, they do impact things on a micro level.

1 Like

I should to say a big thanks to you Jim! Finally I solved my issue with Pulse matrix different reset behaviour. Those connection on the screenshots just fine for converting right reset for other sequencers than Pulse matrix. That’s awesome, game changer. BUT - reset button without using RUN button in Imprompru Clocked is still useless - this do wrong resets.

1 Like