RayW's noise

Hello. In this thread I will post my music created either entirely - or in large part - with VCV Rack.

‘Crawlspace’ is a sci-fi inspired track performed in VCV Rack, bounced down as stereo, chopped a bit and polished in Reaper.

https://soundcloud.com/romsleep/crawlspace

5 Likes

very cinematic

3 Likes

Great stuff :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!

Amazing!

1 Like

I was experimenting with Plaits and ended up with something that sounded a bit like a train so I threw Elements in there as a sort of squeeky brake/railroad-crossing-bell hybrid and some other bits and bobs.

Stereo bounce from VCV imported into Reaper for some EQ and tape effects.

4 Likes

Was very happy to discover the 1.0 Southpole betas and got to fiddling with the euclidian sequencer (i love that thing). Here we have 3 of those sequencers plucking 3 instances of Rings with some other things going on, notably a couple instances of the surge chorus to thicken things up.

Stereo bounce from VCV again, tarted up a bit in Reaper.

4 Likes

Very very cool thing! This is really the best track I’ve heard in the VCV community. Too bad you can’t put more than one like. :wink:

1 Like

Wow, that’s very kind. Thank you very much for the compliment!

I made a video for it too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another track created in VCV Rack, bounced out to reaper to be arranged and polished. This ones a bit rough but thats Ok.

(free to download too!)

4 Likes

Very nice, indeed! Thanks for posting.

Thanks! Glad you think so :slight_smile:

Omri’s video on the Prism resonator was very inspiring and helpful (well they always are, aren’t they) so I got to noodling and ended up with this:

EDIT: For clarity, this was a live performance in VCV Rack, Rearouted into Reaper.

Starts off a bit rough but settles down. I love this thing, throw an lfo on it and it comes alive :slight_smile:

Thanks @Omri_Cohen for your fun, informative and inspiring videos. thankyouthankyou.

3 Likes