Random Articulations Vol 1 - Made entirely on VCV

7 Likes

Hi VCV rack people. I’m not entirely sure of the correct way to share stuff on the community forum but this is the first workable track I have got out of using fully VCV modular and I like how it went so I have shared it and hope others enjoy. Thanks!

Very nice @richlgarside, like this a lot.

Wow This is really good, i like it a lot ! Well done man :wink:

good stuff, those vocal samples really add depth

Thanks for all the encouraging feedback guys! I plan to keep developing this patch so plenty more to come. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fantastic soundscape Richard, well done! Reminds me a bit of Rick Wright’s playing in the Wish You Were Here days.

Thanks for your lovely feedback Lars. Funny you should say that I used to be obsessed with Pink Floyd when I was a kid. Then I started going to dub sound system nights and the Pink Floyd bass just didn’t cut it any more :wink: So I guess there’s still quite a bit of Pink Floyd lurking inside me and it must have been dormant for a while. Been listening to a lot of Brian Eno, Gas and Hiroshi Yoshimura while I work on video projects. I think it was Eno or Hiroshi that reminded me of some Pink Floyd stuff at one point. I’m just working on these ambient pieces at the moment as I’m really enjoying using VCV, its my first proper foray into modular. But I’m going to be starting to mix in some more instrumentation and beats and stuff to give certain tracks or sections more form.

1 Like

You’re most welcome. I think there’s quite a bit of Pink Floyd lurking in most musicians, and they were a landmark band. I know for sure that I’ll never finish with them. Their 5 best records are just evergreens…

Its true man. I don’t want to risk sounding controversial but I’m a post Sid Barrett kind of guy. I can’t handle the completely bonkers stuff that he did lol.

1 Like

Oh for sure, me too! No, for me it’s: Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall and Meddle all the way.

1 Like

sounds really great! curious about the patch, also like the crackles a lot! :slight_smile:

Yeah I actually used a couple of vsts within it so not strictly entirely VCV. If I told you any more I’d have to kill you.

1 Like