Rackwindows - Update v1.1.2 incl. new modules Console MM, Golem, Monitoring and Rasp

Has the Rackwindows plugin been updated/submitted yet?
I see it in the library, but nothing in Rack itself yet.

1 Like

Not yet, sorry. I’ve been travelling a lot lately without the chance to sit down and check the updated plugin for problems. I do want to submit it ASAP though, so please bear with me.

11 Likes

Jeez, I hate to prod you but I really liked Rackwindows modules. Are you still working on them?

I made a Windows-build for Rackwindows V2

9 Likes

This is great, this is maybe the only thing I would consider using from outside the library.

1 Like

There are also the following plugins that exclusively appear in Cardinal. Because Cardinal is built upon Rack V2.1.1, this modules are already ported to V2. On Rackwings I only changed the version number to make it run.

6 Likes

Waiting for the AriaModules…great modules with very special features…

@Ahornberg why are you linking to your own forked branches of these projects?

Hope you’re not waiting for them to be added to the library, because that’s not going to happen.

so I can make the nessesary minor changes and provide Windows-builds for others to download.

6 Likes

I am aware of the fuzz around AriaModules’ developer and VCVRack administrator… I have tried to compiled them myself on Windows (MSYS2) without success…

YES ahornberg comes through, thanks mate

@Caecos I made a Windows-build

4 Likes

Mille mercis!

1 Like

Downloaded. How do I get this in VCV? cant see a plugins folder.

Are you on pc or mac? PC → Documents → Rack2 → plugins

Thanks a lot for these! They are really wonderful to get an amazing “analogue” sound from Rack!

I especially love putting “Rasp” on the Befaco “Noise Plethora” with Slew 3 - tames the harsh sizzles and makes it sound much more like a hardware device.

I also put “Interstage” and “Tape” on my Master and everything sounds more analogue and expensive.

Super nice!

Are these in the Library yet? I deduce it is Ahornberg? That name is there but greyed out for me.

No, the Rackwindows plugin is not in the library. You can download a Windows build from the link above or compile on your own.

@Ahornberg Thank you for your work on updating these plugins!

I’ve tried loading your release of Rackwindows and compiling it from source and in both cases ‘rackwindows’ is greyed out in the brand drop-down. I think I’ve tracked down the problem: rackwindows: [] is being inserted into the whitelist in settings.json even if I try to update this by editing the file. I guess it might be pulling this from VCV Library but I’ve subscribed to the v1 rackwindows plugin there in case that makes a difference. Any ideas about what to try next? The only suggestion in How to get rid of whitelist for plugin - Development - VCV Community (vcvrack.com) is to unsubscribe and resubscribe.

Edit to add: I fixed it! The trick is to unsubscribe and not resubscribe! Huh!

Edit number two! Rackwindows was greyed out again after reopening VCV Rack. Resubscribing then fixed it. So, if you have this problem, I guess keep unsubscribing and resubscribing until it works, but make sure you load VCV Rack each time?

1 Like