Rack Pro VS Cardinal differences - question

Is there a chance the latency compensation could get ported back to Rack (Pro and free)?

No, VCV does not accept pull requests and code contributions even when all ownership is relinquished.

I guess that makes sense in most cases, since those could be cause for bugs and a lot of extra work, but maybe they could look at it and implement it themselves… let’s hope that might happen. :slight_smile:

No DAWs that I know support CV ports, this is mostly a thing for modular plugin hosts. So with these CV ports we can have CV-enabled plugins sending signals to each other.

On the IO, in my view it is preferable to run multiple plugin instances instead of a single monolitithic one. When loaded in hosts that can do multi-core processing per track/mixer-strip, we get advantages of better CPU usage automatically.

1 Like

On which hosts this feature is tested so far?

Doesn’t one of the newer plugin types support multi threading on a single instance? I know most don’t, as you say.

I have my own KXStudio : Applications : Carla that supports audio, midi and cv ports. There is also Ingen and synthpod.

Modular tools based on JUCE (like Kush Element) do not support CV because JUCE itself does not support it (not just for the audio-node graph side, but at all)

plugin type? some plugin formats have the concept of “workers” but they tend to be used for non-realtime tasks scheduled in time with the audio (so for example loading a file and doing an atomic pointer swap after it finishes loading)
CLAP also has a concept of “thread pool”, but I am not familiar with how that works.

Yeah, I was thinking of the CLAP thread pool, but I also know nothing about it.

I tried Ardour but it does not supprot CV ports.

Reaper will show the ports, but doesn’t exactly recognize them as CV (afaik).

1 Like