Rack crashes on MacOS when opening a certain patch

This sounds great but crashes VCV Rack when I try to open the patch; for info-

Mac OS 10.15.7 Catalina

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘NSInternalInconsistencyException’, reason: ‘NSWindow drag regions should only be invalidated on the Main Thread!’ abort() called terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

hi! would you mind editing your post with a few more details (your OS at least)? that sounds like a bug with Rack rather than a problem with the patch, and it would deserve more attention, so I’ll later move it into a separate topic and-or help you to file a bug report.

Yeah, seems like each new version of OS X gets a little better about finding these things. I know at work issues like this keep popping up, and they usually point to a real bug in an app.

I splitted this from === very cool patch challenge, edition 54 ===

@ScreenSlave here are some more guidelines about how to report problems in the most efficient way if you need them.

Not sure what to put in the title, I tried to add “NSInternalInconsistencyException / NSWindow” but Discourse won’t allow it o_O

ok done

1 Like

yeah sorry but I should have been more precise - it’s probably really necessary that you also attach your log.txt file and other details. Check out Rules for VCV Rack category - I understand this is boring and takes some effort but developers can’t really do much without this information.

To those looking for the log.txt file: it’s in your Rack user folder.

The Rack user folder stores data readable/writable by Rack. You can open it by choosing Help > Open user folder in the Rack menu bar, or by navigating to

• MacOS: Documents/Rack/
  • Windows: My Documents/Rack/
  • Linux: ~/.Rack/

ok here we go

Mac OS 10.15.7

Rack version 1.1.6

Log file: log.txt (1.2 MB)

1 Like

Are you sure this is a log.txt generated immediately after a crash? There is no crash according to the log.

Try this one; log.txt (58.0 KB)