Rack 2 under Arch

Hi,

Have you tested with version 4.3 Beta2 ? You’ll need to install with Flatpak.

I’m using it with PipeWire (without the dedicated GPU) and it seems to work now :slight_smile:

Let me know!

It does the same for me unfortunately. Are you running Arch?

Yes still on EndeavourOS. Are you using PipeWire too?

As we were able to show, the problem was related to graphics. Maybe it’s also due to the Nvidia updates (on my side at least) difficult to say…

I was using Jack when it started and have since moved to pipewire but it didn’t make any difference.

I’ve given up hoping this will be fixed to be honest.

Yes still hoping that it will be fixed in the next update…

Have you tried with Cardinal?

Yeah, it works fine with the VST2.

I’ve installed V4.3 Beta 3 with the .DEB file and the problem happened again ! However, when using the flatpak method, the VST works fine… Do you think it’s related to the package maintainer? I think he’s using a script to convert the .DEB to be used under Arch.

I wouldn’t have thought so but I guess it’s possible. The flatpak version didn’t work with Rack for me, that was one of the first things I tried, presumably because mine at least is trying to call a system library which I think is not possible while running in flatpak (kind of similar to how yabridge/wine didn’t work with it).

That said, I just tried again after using debtap to install the deb and it does seem like there is some improvement, I still get the crashes but reloading a few times actually allows me to see the GUI now. I don’t feel very confident about using it in this state though.

Hi

Just seen in bitwig 4.3beta6 :

• Linux: Occasional audio engine crash when switching away from PipeWire [28759]
  • Linux: Crash when deleting a PipeWire configuration, selecting another audio system, then going back to PipeWire [28523]

https://downloads.bitwig.com/4.3%20Beta%206/Release-Notes-4.3%20Beta%206.html

may be a cause of problems for rackers :slight_smile:

@exelio Could you please test to see if this fixes some of the issues you were having?

Hello

I don t use bitwig under arch, i m just tracking the topic :wink:

Doesn’t change anything for me.

I’m happy to report that this has finally been fixed for me. The clap version appears to have (different) problems but the VST3 is working perfectly. Thanks to the team for fixing it.

2 Likes