Purf patches - Previously, on VCV

It’s the full synth voice, yes. There’s a Plateau reverb on the mixer, of course :slight_smile:

(Rampage needs one manual trigger to start things)

Thanks much appreciated, good things come in small packages! Which mixer did you use Mindmeld or different one?

I guess it’d be real nice if there was a genre or a direction in what I’m doing but anyways, here’s a snippet of Modular Techno feat. @Omri_Cohen’s take on the Moog Subharmonicon

Minus Black & White

3 Likes

Vcp-57(a). A generative ambient tune with Phrase-Seq, but as a 2x16-step Sample+Hold of sorts. You thought I’d meticulously click in a bunch of notes, huh? :grinning:

4 Likes

Today’s thing, a different kind of ambient. At the core of it again the VCV’s Subharmonicon from Omri, but here - and I think, the hardware has this feature, from watching jams? - I wanted to not have all triggers go to both Oscillators all the time.

1 Like

Here’s me having a go at making a Krell patch. Previously heard over here but now there are 5 minutes of it.

2 Likes

For the sake of this here being a collection of sorts, there’s the Eugene patch from vcp59:

1 Like

Another snapshot taken during my journey of finding out what it truly is that I want to make. Notable features this time: the Mockba Modular V, played in unison with an FM-OP and this (free) Computerage-Lofi machine

6 Likes

This one :arrow_heading_up: but more of it. The video might have benefitted from an extra view as this patch and track maybe marks the point where I’ve become comfortable with incorporating my humble hardware collection (well, Keystep and Nanokontrol here) without having to think too much about how that all works.

Patch notes, in case that’s of interest. A KS’s drum track hammers 1/16ths, triggering Trummor’s Noise (which I need to use more, it’s lovely) and clocking Trigs which I use for the rhythm of FM-Op’s fm-modulation (depth via nanokontrol) and some accents for the Noise. KS’s track 2 plays the main riff going into both the FM-Op-combo and Mockba’s V, the latter’s filter controlled by another knob on the nanokontrol. Track 3 lets me punch in notes into BigButtonSeq2 (my first time using this one!?) for the high flying short tones with Count Modula’s Chances for density control, KS’s Track 4 is me improvising on a copy of the riff’s instruments. There’s an Entrian Acoustic Drums with velocity-bits outside of the screen, but that’s another story for another time ; )

11 Likes

Yes the warbled “flute” is very organic, and drew me in right away. It also takes on hints of human voices at times. An intoxicating piece.

1 Like

That is lovely. Those unexpected bends really put a smile on my face!

2 Likes

That piece is really cool. :heart: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

A work in progress. Maybe a bigger bite than I can chew in terms of performing this into a track, but I’m having fun with this. Two “premieres” here: one can use Trummor²s noise to add a kick to the kick, who would have thought! Also, feeding one voice through two different bands of a filter and then, say, have the band pass become a texture makes for interesting transitions when turning the dial.

9 Likes

This goes drone

6 Likes

these, from recently.

3 Likes

Hey, here’s a fixed rack, have fun” All right!

4 Likes

One more where that came from, Rack via @Omri_Cohen. I read about International Drone Day somewhere,and only realized I missed it being halfway into this. Happy Last Month’s International Drone Day!

7 Likes

Oh, hello, it’s been a while. Here’s a recent thing.

There is always this period in (my?) creative endeavours, where I feel my work is going to get a lot worse before it gets any better. Like, in the past months. Here’s a new one, however, the result of a few recent patches in which I had a small obsession with the kind of ~crunch that Fehler Fabrik’s Rasoir module provides. Mixer and master reverbs offscreen, some midi for mainly filter manipulation. Cloud’s high shimmer sound at 2:16 should have slowly faded in via filter, but nothing happened when I turned the knob and that was when I realised the Density wasn’t set. Ah, well.

7 Likes

Love the early Eno sounds :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like that composition Urs, very nice!

1 Like