Purf patches - Previously, on VCV

Oh wow, great one!

1 Like

[excerpt, wip, maybe]

I never have a plan when opening VCV and almost always open it only when I feel like sinking myself into the progress of creating a patch×composition. However, sometimes the starting point is indeed a smidgen of an idea or inspiration that I’d like to try out. Like a thing I read on Federico Mompou’s Wikipedia page.

4 Likes

The idea is to use gear at the core of those jams, but I’ll liberally sprinkle VCV all over it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Strega :heart: Also Chronoblob, Plateau & Supermassive

5 Likes

It’s a mess, but as my maiden voyage with the revamped Autobreak, I’ll take it.

5 Likes

And on it goes…

bit addicted to feeding an arp¹ by whatever another voice² is doing (Opulus & Energy)

5 Likes

For bookkeeping. Finished day 5 with this one, not necessarily the best or most interesting of what I’d tried and scrapped today. Again, Opulus for a slow arp and Host with Noire for the - soon-to-be drowned - piano texture.

5 Likes

Musically, it’s My First Synthesizer :heart_eyes: (Berkeley, ca. 1969), I guess. But then again, it really kinda is. Had allaround fun building and patching this. (Edit: but seriously, I’m enjoying this a lot. In VCV, I often go out of my way to make things quirky and shaky and defective. Now it just ~is. Happy place;)

dBiz FourSeq, transposed by Bogaudio ADDR-Seq → Microfreak as pure messenger of v/oct and gates → Strega → back to VCV with a smidgen of Delay/Reverb and a LP filter.

3 Likes

A laid-back Strega droning on along Basal, Resonator and Clouds.

4 Likes

Wonderful, beautiful piece Urs, love it! And I love this kind of minimalism, it reminded me a bit of Terry Riley which ain’t bad.

2 Likes

Thank you. I guess a halfways decent string of notes and a ~vibe is all it takes sometimes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Next!

4 Likes

Cool. You are almost inspiring me to fire up the hardware side of my studio, which I haven’t done in months. I have an Ableton Push controller that would be fun to play with as a hybrid hardware and software controller.

1 Like

With the semimodular addition to my humble collection, I’ve probably spent more time with hardware just this last weekend than in the previous three years (not counting the good ol’ Nanokontrol) :smiley: Had never felt quite worth the hassle but now it… clicked. I desperately need a proper midi/usb-hub now, though.

1 Like

Not sure what you have in mind for a MIDI/USB hub, but as part of my studio “smart network” I have a couple of Lab4Music Sipario “Advanced MIDI Routers” that I found very useful when I was doing hardware.

Here is there more current X model: https://www.midistore.com/products/lab4music-sipario-x-advanced-midi-router

1 Like
10 Likes

What an interesting chord progression!

1 Like

I have to say, I’m quite fond of it myself - had a small bit of music theory go click there :wink:

1 Like

Gorgeous piece. I haven’t played my flutes for a while - I’ve been wrapped up with finishing off my Venom plugin. But I heard this and was drawn to pick up a flute. It was a real joy to play along with this.

4 Likes

How are you animating the light strips? Is that done in VCV, or are you doing graphical post processing?