Purchase Buttons Missing on VCV Store Page

Hello, I went to buy some modules today, but the purchase buttons are missing on the store page. I checked on Firefox Mac, Firefox Windows, and Chrome Windows. In all situations, I disabled uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger, but the behavior persists.

7 Likes

I am getting the same thing.

2 Likes

Me too and relieved it’s not just me.

3 Likes

Same issue

Can confirm, same issue here.

Yes, and it is not a problem just for new plugins. It looks to me like the purchase option is broken for all premium plugins.

anyone can buy models like the vcv host?? when i click “purchase” the website take me just to the model and not to the buying zone

This is reminiscent of an older case:

Apologies for the inconvenience! Our store was down for a few hours today, but it has been fixed. Try going to the VCV Library again and you should see an “Add To Cart” button for premium plugins.

If anyone is curious, the issue was that Shopify suddenly switched from using base64 encoded IDs such as Z2lkOi8vc2hvcGlmeS9Qcm9kdWN0LzEyMzQ1Njc4OQ== to plaintext product IDs such as gid://shopify/Product/123456789. Unusual that they changed this on a versioned API.

9 Likes

Thanks for the explanation - I think a significant number probably are curious.

Oh yikes! That’s just inexusable behaviour from a major vendor, without pre-announcement plenty of time ahead and a clear major version bump in API. Happens all the time, the mind boggles. “Too big, doesn’t care” comes to mind.

1 Like