Pseudo-randomness

Hi everyone,

I’d simply like to pick your brains about modules (especially sequencers/switches) that offers the pseudo-random option for selecting steps.

One module which offers this possibility is Stoermelder’s 8FACE (by opening the context menu > Port SLOT mode). This mode means that each trigger sent to the module would select a different step/slot but will never select the same step/slot twice in a row.

8face

Now my question for you all is : are there other modules which has this pseudo-random feature? 8FACE is great, gets the job done for me usually, but I’d just like to know if there’s any other options out there. I’ve seen a couple plugins where a random step selection was available, but in this case I don’t want to go full random because there’s the possibility that the same step might get selected multiple times in a row and I’m looking to avoid that :slight_smile:

Thanks!

You could get a lot more fine control with Sckitam’s MarkovSeq (VCV Library - Sckitam MarkovSeq); if you just set the self probabilities to 0, it would never select the same step twice in row, but in addition you could weight the other options however you like.

4 Likes

This is perfect! I’ll be putting it to use real soon :+1: