PS-PurrSoftware Plugin Modules

Here is a new Meander V2.0.25 20 minute demo song. This features “smart” melody and arp parameter control. The melody part “Notes on 1/” parameter is sequenced and the melody arp tracks this melody note length rationally. For example, if melody is on 1/4 notes, 3 1/16 arp notes can fit between melody notes. This is in Dmin with a Dmin pentatonic falling scale sequence.

Dm Pentatonic Falls.vcv (14.0 KB)

10 Likes

This has a wonderful evolution and musical arc, with accompaniment. Love the accents. Very satisfying.

1 Like

Thank you, Paul.

By the way, I forgot to mention that this patch uses the Meander harmonic progression preset #31 “Markov Chain Bach 1” which sets one level of the musical evolution. This is a 1st order Markov chain that uses chord transition probabilities based on others’ research of Bach’s most used chord transitions. So, this piece has constrained stochastic evolution of harmony, melody and bass and the various arpeggiations along with the usual Meander fractal Brownian motion (fBm) 1/f time correlated pseudo random noise with 3 octaves of harmonics and 3 different correlated noise time periods.

This piece also has several Meander parameters “automated”.

Here is my 2nd demo piece for Purr Software’s Meander V2.0.25 module. This piece is a 12 bar blues in Am with smart parameter randomization triggered by a clock at the beginning of each bar.

Am Pentatonic Falls Random Thoughts.vcv (13.4 KB)

8 Likes

Superbe.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Here is my latest 30 minute generative ambient Meander music demo patch entitled “Why Do I Keep Arping on This?”. The chord progression just stays on the “I” position Dm chord but the quantizers may requantize the chord note arpeggiations to either the Dm diatonic scale or the Dm pentatonic scale. In addition to Meander gymnastics, this patch uses the Amalgamated Harmonics Arpeggiator2 module with a lot of parameter sequencing for variations. Also, the AH Arp2 is fed a switched clock source for arpeggiator tempo changes.

Why Do I Keep Arping on This.vcv (12.6 KB)

11 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

This is a very nice composition! I’m really enjoying it.

1 Like

Thank you Marc!

Thank you Don!

Not bad for a beginner.

You should do this more often.

1 Like

Thank you Ewen!

That’s lovely Ken!

1 Like

Thank you Lars!

Wonderful stuff again… thankyou :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Purr Software’s Meander module V2.0.26 is now in the VCV library.

Here is the Change Log:

Yeah, I misspelled crept :wink:

8 Likes

Had some fun today making a patch with Meander. One thing that puzzled me was that the arp section still spits out notes and gates when the Arp Enable button is set to off (i.e. not lit up). Not sure if that’s by design or not, but I wanted to only hear it when actually arp-ing so I used latch and mute modules to ensure when the arp state changed it also muted the sound source I had linked to it.