precise drawing on JW xy pad

Hey everyone, I’m synthesising claps at the moment and was wondering if there is a way of precisely drawing shapes on the JW xy-pad, in my case I want to shape to function as an envelope like this: Screenshot 2020-09-11 at 11.00.49

I know there are modules and ways to get there using multiple envelopes or dedicated clap envelopes, but I specifically want to achieve this in a drawing fashion. The first thing that came to my mind was something like a digital ruler that you apply to your mouse, like e.g. a program that applies xy restriction to your mouse, so when you go into let’s say “Y-Mode” the mouse will only move up and down, or if you go into “logarithmical-Mode” the mouse is restricted to moving along a logarithmical curve. Does such a program exist (I couldn’t figure out what to search for to get desired search engine results)? Is there already an easier way to draw precisely in VCV? How are you people doing it? cheers :smiley:

I’d like to draw more precisly myself. Try BZ-mapper or PDArray.

It can’t do proper curves, and is somewhat limited by points having to be on a fixed grid, but mscHack Envy 9 is probably your best bet for this in Rack right now.

2 Likes

You should be able to get pretty close with Entrian CV, possibly my new favourite module.

5 Likes

haha man people making the effort to reproduce some random internet-persons envelope. thanks :smiley:

Took all of thirty seconds.

1 Like

Rack users do tend to be a very helpful bunch and we’re all just random internet people. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ya that XY pad is pretty experimental and not exact. And I love random vcv rack users more than random internet people. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

a community.

3 Likes