Poll for Linux users: What distro do you use VCV Rack on?

Select multiple distros if you use VCV Rack on multiple Linux computers or partitions.

Plugin developers: Only select distros that you regularly use VCV Rack on. Do not select distros that you only use to test your plugins.

The results of this poll are used to make decisions regarding minimum glibc/libstdc++ versions, distro repo packages, documentation, support, and testing.

• Ubuntu 21.10
  • Ubuntu 21.04
  • Ubuntu 20.04
  • Ubuntu 19.10
  • Ubuntu 18.04
  • Ubuntu 16.04
  • Ubuntu Studio 20.04
  • Ubuntu Studio 19.10
  • Ubuntu Studio 19.04
  • Ubuntu Studio 18.10
  • Ubuntu Studio 17.10
  • Debian 10
  • Debian 9
  • Debian 8
  • Fedora 32
  • Fedora 31
  • elementary OS 5.1
  • Arch Linux
  • Void Linux
  • Other (Please comment all distros with versions you use below)

0 voters

Linux Mint 19.3

1 Like

Manjaro user here.

1 Like

Kde neon but I guess this is technically Ubuntu 18.04 and will bump up to 20 in July or so.

Linux Mint 19.3

1 Like

Gentoo, glibc 2.30

1 Like

MX-Linux 19

1 Like

Manjaro 20.01

kde neon

Mint 19.1 low latency

Manjaro

Linux Mint latest version

openSUSE Leap 15.1. Officially still only uses glibc 2.26.

These days I’m using Ubuntu 18.04 but I had been using VCV Rack on Fedora 23 before moving to Ubuntu. In both cases I’ve used an audio-optimization overlay, i.e. Ubuntu Studio with Ubuntu 18.04 and the Planet CCRMA packages with Fedora.

is this red hat? how runs the audio in general and the vcv rack there? perhaps I will move to some red hat distribution

Linux Mint 18 and 19

ubuntu studio 20.04 i also have windows10 on the same machine (laptop, oldish i5 with 8 gb ram) and vcv works far better on linux. i mean i can do more on linux: make a bigger patch, more consuming one, etc.

2 Likes

This is most probably caused by energy settings for laptops applied by default in Windows.

nice, i’ll check it the next reboot to windows

RHEL 7, on a machine I have no control over choosing distro ;-(

The existing automatic builds only work because they A) use compatible system libraries and B) I wrap Rack in a script that sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to a directory with newer libstdc++ shared libraries.

In short, I’m the worst case for distributing a universal Linux version of Rack, but whatever you’ve set up on your end with the Rack library is working, so I’d be comfortable with you saying you can say Red Hat 7/Centos7 are unsupported.