Pics of your cat

8 Likes

Mother Mary 'n Joseph!

Teodoro y Cachu

5 Likes

Merlin (aka Moozle) on an amp. Interestingly that Fender amp was a cheapie one that came with a guitar package I bought for one of my sons. But some time later I found it had gained a following with harmonica players as one of those that, accidently, gave a good tone. Merlin seemed to know this, choosing only to sit on important things.

5 Likes

LOL - did you know for a long time there has been an Instagram “cats on amps”? https://www.instagram.com/catsonamps

Also, what is that amp? It looks like some sort of update on a blackface deluxe?

1 Like

No I didn’t know that ha ha. I’m going there immediately :smiley:

I think it’s called a Backstage 15 - I’ll have to remind myself. Yes it’s got the look of one of their valve amps, but it’s transistors. No modelling circuity though, before those days.

ah. when I used to play a lot I favored very loud, very distorted amps played through 4X12 cabs. Now I lust after a deluxe, but I don’t play nearly often enough to justify the purchase :wink:

1 Like

Keys or repulsive electric twanger?

1971 repulsive electric twanger. sry.

3 Likes

Beware, you’ll summon almostEric to make derogatory comments about LPs. :wink:

No need to summon Eric. I am here already. But squinky said something nice about my tele, so I won’t say something about that thing there. (Okay, one thing: “Ughhh - gold hardware”) :stuck_out_tongue:

oh, that’s ok. I got a Fender somewhere, but it’s not in good playing shape. 1965 Jaguar. This guitar works ok. Luckily I got it before Guns and Roses, when no one wanted anything but a strat. cost me $450 I think. Anyway, meets my needs just fine. As much as it would be fun to have a Tele also…

I will say there is something slightly off about this bridge I put in. If you string it “duanne” style like in the picture there isn’t enough down force to keep the bridge from rattling. So I string it normal way IRL.

1 Like

Yeah, I think the gold must have been from the previous owner. Who clearly smoked a lot and left a cigarette in the headstock and burnt a hole in it. So everything is gold or gold-ish. Why fight it - I replaced the broken gold bridge with a working one. The guitar was once broken in half and repaired imperfectly, rendering it pretty much worthless. In “good” shape last I looked it would have been worth 2k. probably more now. I took it to a shop once and the guy said: “Look, I don’t know how you feel about this guitar. Just in term of dollars and cents it would be cheaper to buy a new one than to fix this one. I can fix it, but it would cost a lot of money”. I decided it could play it just fine as is.

Who clearly smoked a lot and left a cigarette in the headstock and burnt a hole in it.

You can do that only if your first name is Frank and your last name begins with a Z. And in that case the guitar would be an SG.

I have to say this is getting seriously off topic. Where are the moderators? :smiley: Meanwhile here we are enjoying the @catsonamps instagram account.

1 Like

5 Likes

looks like a complete bastard, I am right??

yup, he’s the worst I ever had . :grin:

1 Like

I hope my sister‘s cat and dog count, too.

5 Likes

works for me!