PathSet: Grains - Dev Blog

one odd thing I noticed that seems counter-intuitive with the Spork is: If I add expander (only possible through right click) and then delete main module, the expander does not get deleted with it, so you end up with an expander for nothing on the screen. Seems not correct behavior to me unless expander would be a separate module …

1 Like

I really enjoyed playing with your other modules recently and now that I’ve read through this here, I will have to have them all :slight_smile: Looking forward to Grains!

1 Like

Hu, that is an interesting thought: making the expander delete itself when the module is removed.

I think I lean towards leaving it as is though. Most expanders I’ve used don’t do that, and I think things randomly deleting themselves feels like it might get confusing

But if other people feel like it should, it shouldn’t be too much work.

True, if expander is an external module it should stay, but if it can only be added by right-click I think it should go away with the main module… Just my 2 cents, but whatever works for you

2 Likes

So one final surprise! To go along with the release of my Grains I’ve also released a new free plugin, Nudge.

Screen Shot 2022-06-05 at 8.39.44 PM

Nudge is a modulation source and modifier for up to 5 CV inputs and is available now for free in the Library.

It’s inception came from testing Grains. @clement.battung suggested adding a button that would slightly randomize all the parameters on a module. That sounded like such a fun idea but I didn’t want to limit it to one module, so I built Nudge instead. Hook it up to 5 CV inputs on any module, then press the Nudge button at the bottom to generate random CVs.

The four parameters at the bottom control how fast the nudge occurs, how far the nudge can go, and the total range of the nudge. The fourth parameter is “Velocity” which controls how likely a nudge on is to be in the same direction as the last nudge.

The full manual for Nudge contains more details along with a quick start and two other examples. Happy Nudging!

13 Likes