Organ Three - Squinky Labs version 1.0.11

such a great addition to the library :+1:

Thanks! It’s another oddball one (for a eurorack module). Glad people seem to like it.

Bruce, my deepest respect! I wish I had the DSP knowledge to create such lovely modules as you do :star_struck:

1 Like

well, you more than make up for it in system level wizardry, or whatever it is that powers you!

5 Likes

I figured I’d put it to the test by adapting one of my old (very non-modular sounding) songs using a rock organ! I gave the organ a tad bit too much bite, and had to pull a few heroics to do it through Bridge, there’s an audio glitch halfaway in because of realtime rendering, but it should be inaudible in the mix.
(Also, uuh, don’t ask about the title of the song, it’s a reference to a very old videogame meme & the soundtrack I’m trying to pastiche).

With Organ Three being really CPU-efficient, I figured there’s no reason not to use three instances: two manuals and a pedalboard. The Leslie used is Reason’s (since I’m familiar with it). I’m not aiming for a realistic Hammond sound however, I’m treating it as a synth.

2 Likes

wow, I like that (even it it is a bit retro). Pedals sounds good!

1 Like

Sure, go for it. I thought it was a pretty realistic simulation of a Leslie.

Okies, wanted to ask since it was a beta version.

Here’s the video of using Sound Stage as a Leslie: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/370125357946372099/718690145913536562/Untitled.mp4

4 Likes

oh, that is a cool sound!

Here is my new piece called “Meandering Organs 3 by 3”. Meander is composing for and playing 3 instances of Organ 3 in Bb-minor. For fun, I automated all of the organ bars as well as a lot of Meander params. I love Organ 3 :smiley:

11 Likes

that sounds good!

4 Likes

Wow, how to change the cable to pink? :slight_smile:

You can change cable colors in settings.json in the Rack folder. :slight_smile: There are also a few modules to do it on a per patch basis, like the submarine wire manager and Count Modula Palette.

3 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

@Aria_Salvatrice Aria’s Darius module could be cool too for controlling the stops!

3 Likes

Yeah,Meander sounds like quite the real organist.Must look into this module if/when I get a chance.

And,Organ Three sounds quite fantastic. I’m not a huge Hammond emu affionado,or anything like that,but still,I must say this sounds superb,both as an instrument,in it’s own right,and as an emulation of a classic,that’s definitely inthe same sonic galaxy.

3 Likes

Just FYI Surge-Rack 1.7.1.1 went into the library today and it includes a switch on the drive stage of the SurgeRotary (as well as a few other minor changes, and our new Surge logo). And @Squinky that organ does sound great indeed!

8 Likes

Organ Three sounds amazing, great work @Squinky and thank you for releasing it pro-bono! I used to have a real Hammond B3, and also played keyboard in a classic rock cover band. The sound is pretty spot-on to my ear.

An abbreviated Cover of Green Onions using Organ Three:

16 Likes

Proper

1 Like

thanks! you are making it sound very good here - glad you are liking it. I have to confess that in the few times I’ve played a real Hammond I have always tried to pick out green onions. Not as well as you, however.

2 Likes