Omri Cohen: Tutorial Videos

Thanks so much, Lars!

I think that itā€™s quite common to fall asleep with noise in the background, and the rain is actually just noiseā€¦

http://bit.ly/scorovnik After a conversation I had with a friend about this sequencer, I had to go and try it out, and I got really inspired by it I had to record myself, building a patch from scratch with it. This is actually the second try recording itā€¦ In the first try, my face was covering half of the modules I talked about, so I had to discard that oneā€¦ Oh yes, by the way, I thought it will be nicer to record myself with a webcam during these videos, so itā€™s a bit more personal and Iā€™m not talking just to the screenā€¦ Anyway, I like the result in this one, although there was something weird going on after duplicating the sequencer, but we overcame this.

8 Likes

Good one Omri, itā€™s nice seing your face actually, continue with that. Loved the first lead sequence. Itā€™s an interesting sequencer.

1 Like

Thank you, Lars! It is a quite interesting sequencer. Itā€™s nice to try other sequencers sometimes :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried to use this sequencer for a long time but always had timing issues with it.

I didnā€™t encounter any time issues actuallyā€¦ Just the mixed cv thing that didnā€™t work as I plannedā€¦

Thanks, I hadnā€™t looked at that sequencer yet.

Regarding the ā€œout of tuneā€, it seems that when you turn Audition off it leaves a residual voltage.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, Omri ā€¦ I can never thank you enough for everything I learn with your videos! Respect! :pray:
BTW, Iā€™ve dared to make you a request (and to others also) in another thread of this section of the forum! :crazy_face:

1 Like

I just saw it, and inspired me to make this with Scorovnik. Your videos are always really helpful! :smile:

Have you tried dTr0Y by bIdoo? It is a similar sequencer but with many other features that I personally love, and itā€™s inspired by amazing modules like the Intellijel Metropolis or the Roland 185.

2 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, there was an issue with the out coming voltage, but thatā€™s the whole point of this kind of videos, learning from ā€œmistakesā€, so Iā€™m happy it happened :slight_smile:

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it. I will have a look at the thread :slight_smile:

Oh man! Thatā€™s awesome! Nice work :slight_smile:
I did a video about bordl a while ago, so I guess dtroy is also in lineā€¦ How cool!

Yeah, I think turning off Audition first thing might workaround the issue. :thinking:

Hehe, love the title :smile:

1 Like

I will give it a shotā€¦

Awsome, and i liked a lot @Sum-Nihil! ā€¦ But as a beginner i have the need to ask you some questions :wink: ā€¦

• Did you made the whole track with VCV Rack?
  • Beside Scorovnik, what other modules did you use?

P.S.: Iā€™ve been listening to your music on the Soundcloud channel, and I like everything youā€™ve done in the last six months (especially the rhythms), concretely MP - R3, The Stronger Algorithm (my two favorites, apart from ā€˜La Drunkanellaā€™), and the interesting Lluvia :clap:

By the way, donā€™t you like your voice? ā€¦ Itā€™s that the voice is always covered by the music or by an exaggerated reverb, so it is impossible to understand anything of what you say :slightly_frowning_face: (especialmente en ā€˜Rios de Lagrimasā€™, ā€˜Letter to the Moonā€™ y ā€˜Rainā€™, que me gustaria saber lo que dices)

1 Like

Hehehe thanks, Iā€™m glad you liked it. :grin:

Yes, audio is recorded using NYSTHIā€™s MasterRecorder 2.

The violin is sampled from La Campanella with bIdooā€™s Player. Drums are made using Vultā€™s Trummor 2 and Autodafeā€™s Snare, and triggered with Gate Sequencer by Aepelzenā€™s. The bass is made with Seven Seas, Debriatus and XFX F-35 (which is modulated by the BPM LFO of Frozen Wasteland to the resonance and ADSR of Bogaudio to the frequency.). Then, Scorovnik is sending the sequence to the v/oct input of Player to change the sample, and the same sequence is send 5 tones up to the v/oct input of Seven Seas.

Not really :confused: my voice is kind of crappy when singing, so to make up for that I process it a lot hehehe. I have been getting better at that since recording those songs, but not that much, as you can hear in Cult (Which was not made with Rack, but Iā€™m planning to adapt it). :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I started this video in a mindset of a patch from scratch kind of video, but this sequencer is so deep, so interesting, I spent more time going into all the details than on building a patchā€¦ Itā€™s a sort of a long video, but there are timestamp links to the different sections of the video.
The Klee sequencer is not a sequence that you program and forget, itā€™s not something to use when wanting a certain progression of notes\gates. The Klee sequencer is a module to communicate with, listening to how it reacts, how it responds. Itā€™s the perfect sequencer for when youā€™re looking add uncertainty to your patches. And itā€™s also really fun and unique in live situations, always in motion and very organic. Itā€™s also very deep, so in this video, I go through all the different aspects of the Klee sequencer and look in depth at all of its features.

7 Likes

Bravo Omri ! A module that I have loaded up a few times and rapidly removed !

1 Like