Omri Cohen: Tutorial Videos

3 Likes

Omriiiiiiii, youā€™re way to fast for me. Not the clips themselves, but the speed at which you publish.

Thanks man. Good stuff even if I canā€™t keep up.

Man, if I donā€™t sleep and donā€™t eat, neither should you :slight_smile: No, but seriously, I should take it down a notchā€¦

1 Like

Just another great source of inspiration and very well explained about the infinite VCV conceptual multiverse sound manipulation, as always! :vulcan_salute: Thanks and all the bestā€¦

1 Like

Being a total VCV addict myself, I would say: Donā€™t tone it down Omri, feed you addiction :stuck_out_tongue: . Because if you donā€™t, youā€™ll feel miserable :slight_smile: hahahaha

I know, Iā€™ve sorta try that. Not a good idea. :open_mouth:

But more seriously, youā€™re doing such a good job, donā€™t you ever stop :smiley:

Edit: the word ā€œjobā€ is an understatement, in VCV context, itā€™s pure fun.

4 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate it!

1 Like

Yeah, I have so many ideas and there are times when new modules just keep on coming, just like mushrooms after the rain :slight_smile:

1 Like

mmmmmmmm mushrooms :mushroom:

1 Like

Lately Jay has been collaborating with other Twitch musicians using various internet technologies. Itā€™s been pretty interesting to watch.

edit for terrible spelling

1 Like

I should really check out Twitchā€¦

Yeah, itā€™s been a really positive experiement so far. Iā€™m amazed at how easy it was achieved. Sure it isnā€™t perfect, and there is much to learn, and things to fix, but itā€™s also a new way of thinking, or should I say, an old way, but more ā€œup to dateā€.

Itā€™s def a work in progress to say the least.

Anyway, for those wondering what Iā€™m talking aboutā€¦

Here it it:

https://jamtaba-music-web-site.appspot.com/

Looks really interesting. Can you share a link to one of those sessions?

Hey Omri great video and perfectly explains running VCV with Ableton. It all functions as explained but I seem to have a problem recording VCV. If I click the arming button to cue up a track I get a popup saying thereā€™s an error saving a particular wav file and the arm button doesnā€™t turn red until I deselect a previously armed track. Even when the track is armed it doesnā€™t record any audio.

Tried a couple of different things like trying to record to an extra audio track thatā€™s not directly connected to Bridge and using a different version of Bridge. No luck. Iā€™m running the latest version of Ableton and VCV.

Any thoughts?

I didnā€™t encounter anything like this, I wonder what it can beā€¦ Do you have this with other projects as well?

No just anything connected to Bridge. Other audio tracks in the same project function as normal.

Ah never mind. Looks to be an issue Iā€™ve got with Ableton not Bridge. Iā€™m getting it in other situations too now.

Cheers Omri.

Ok, I hope it will work!

Hmmmm, okā€¦

Hereā€™s a part were someone else is playing guitar, Iā€™m not sure if it was Strum ( yeah from Mental modules ), playing live from Australia, or if it was another guitar player from the U.S. (Twitch handle JingleEngle )

Iā€™m only at the begining of testing this technology, so there is not much to show/hear in my opinion but itā€™s a start.

Iā€™m only showing Rack in the video, but i use Jamtaba as a vst to do this for ā€œaudio routingā€ purpose. So you can only hear.

And, Omri, if you ever want to try something, Iā€™d be really happy to try and jam with you. We could just do private test at first. But Iā€™m confident weā€™ll have a blast :stuck_out_tongue:

Just PM me for anything if you like this.

This link is from yesterday, an 8hours stream I did on twitch. Here it is starting at 1:42:11 with some guitar: (EDIT: link as been removed because it no longer existed on Twitch)

P.S. this link will self destruct in 13 days (out of 14 total) because thatā€™s how Twitch works :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Ok for reference if this happens to anyone else it was my antivirus software suddenly taking exception to Ableton (probably a change in the last update).

Did a repair on the antivirus and when trying Ableton again got a warning that the antivirus was trying to block it when arming tracks so just selected Allow and things are back to normal.

Hereā€™s another jam the day before, with ShapeNoise, Dronehands, JingleEngle and me

Since itā€™s my stream, the ā€œmixā€ is the one I made of the 4 musicians, you canā€™t really decypher whoā€™s doing what unless you were actually part of the jam.

I guess from now on, I need, (other jammer also), to learn what other musicians styles and playings are in order to give space to each others at certain point in the jam. It really is a work in progress :wink:

link: (EDIT: link as been removed because it no longer existed on Twitch)

2 Likes