Omri Cohen: Assimilation Album

Guys, I’m really excited about this one! Here is my new release, Assimilation -
https://omricohencomposer.bandcamp.com/album/assimilation
The inspiration behind this album came from Ultomaton, a very nice sampler with crazy features
I then composed in VCV Rack around the samples and added also the O-Coast, the Neutron, and Keystep and BeatStep Pro. For the samples I used also my guitars. In VCV Rack I used mostly Interzone from Valley, Knock from Vult, the Cosmic Oscillator from Animated Circuits, and a few more interesting modules like Plateau, Entropia, Branes and more. I really hope you will like this one :slight_smile:
If you do enjoy it and want to support me and the developers of the third party modules for VCV Rack (a part of the money will be donated to a developer), consider getting yourself a copy :slight_smile: Thank you so much for your time!

4 Likes

It’s pretty amazing so far, Omri. Nice work.

1 Like

Thanks so much!

Nice work on this album Omri, and A Quiver of Arrows in particular, wow!
(The second half of Chaos is Order reminded me a bit of a NIN song in the Quake soundtrack :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Omri, holy shit, this album is fantastic man! I really enjoyed listening, its probably some of your best work I’d say. Not sure I have a favorite track, it just got better & better the whole time I thought. The synths, guitar, & mixing is really top notch. What is the deal with this Ultomaton?! I just downloaded it, it looks ridiculously cool, I haven’t tried it yet but how are you using the standalone with Rack and your hardware? Just triggering it live with a controller or something?

1 Like

Love it Omri!

1 Like

Hey, Marc, thank you! I’m really proud of this one… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much!

Thank you, Adi! I also feel that I took it a bit forward in this album. I took my time with each and every composition, and also invested more time in the post production. The thing I really enjoy is combining the hardware with the virtual, adding this organic sound. And yes, Ultomaton is crazy! It has also a game of life mode, which is super cool. I couldn’t make it work with everything together so I had to first build the sample recording. What I’ve done is loaded a sample in Ultomaton (guitar, o coast, voice), and then creating a whole segment with it, tweaking everything live with Midi, and recording it. I then built all of the other voices around the recording, performing everything live.
I’m really happy you enjoyed this one :slight_smile: