Ohmer & OhmerPrems announcements and feeback thread

Yes I understand now, Drumulator is ( of course ) one of the drummachines :man_facepalming: So we get one more drum machine for free the previous one had (only) four. I just got confused by the names… :sunglasses:

If only I learned to read :

2 Likes

Thank you in advance! License will be delivered by email quickly (normally during same day).

1 Like

Yep!

Prior Release 2.2.2, Free QuadPercs module was 4 instruments (Oberheim DMX, LinnDrumm, Roland TR-707, and Roland TR-808). Now Drumulator is also part of Free.

These 5 free, of course, are also included in full version!

Full version gives more 11 drum machines (from Free QuadPercs, these machines are selectable, including all of their instruments, but their sounds are muted).

Full version; indicated as bold: Oberheim DMX, Drumulator, Korg KR-55, Korg Minipops, LinnDrum, Roland R8, Roland 606, Roland 626, Roland 707, Roland 808, Roland 909, Yamaha RX5, Yamaha RY-30, Casio RZ-1, Alesis SR-16, and E-MU XL-7.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I just published lastest OhmerPrems plugin (QuadPercs and KordZ modules) updated to v2.2.3.

Available from VCV Library

Now QuadPercs fully supports dark room mode (night mode), also for KordZ but partially (work in progress concerning its Circle of 5ths). Also, potential bug in KordZ module (previous v2.2.2) now is fixed.

(all QuadPercs by night - two first DMDs aren’t visible, it’s normal: LCD, no display backlight).

Lastest release: https://github.com/DomiKamu/OhmerPrems/releases/tag/2.2.3

Homepage/manuals: https://github.com/DomiKamu/OhmerPrems

Dominique

Ohmer & OhmerPrems plugins (Ohmer Modules)

5 Likes

Hi everyone (again),

Just after OhmerPrems plugin release (QuadPercs and KordZ modules) as v2.2.3 yesterday evening, now it’s the turn to Ohmer plugin (freeware, containing KlokSpid, Metriks, RKD, BRK and so on), available as version 2.2.4.

Now KlokSpid, Metriks and RKD modules fully support dark room mode (Room brightness feature in VCV Rack 2), in particular for displays, enhancements when modules are bypassed, better tooltips, disabled tooltip for encoder, and edited “RKD & BRK User’s Guide” (PDF).

Dark_Room

Bypassed KlokSpid module (Absolute Night model): image

Lastest release: https://github.com/DomiKamu/Ohmer/releases/tag/v2.2.4

Homepage: https://github.com/DomiKamu/Ohmer

Dominique Camus.

Ohmer & OhmerPrems plugin (Ohmer Modules)

4 Likes

Hi everyone,

I just published lastest OhmerPrems plugin (QuadPercs and KordZ modules) updated to v2.2.4.

Now QuadPercs and KordZ modules fully support both Room brightness and Bypass, featured by VCV Rack 2.

Also, concerning QuadPercs, now it’s possible to tweak the output level (from 0% to 100%, default is always 50% aka -3dB) for current (selected) drum channel, simply by turning the rotary encoder. Current channel level is displayed in the small segment-LED display (above output jacks, right side).

A small fix concerning Kordz about certain major triads (Ab, Bb and Eb) now correctly displayed into outer of the Circle of Fifths.

Lastest release: https://github.com/DomiKamu/OhmerPrems/releases/tag/2.2.4

Homepage/manuals: https://github.com/DomiKamu/OhmerPrems

Dominique Camus

Ohmer Modules

4 Likes

Any chance you can adapt QuadPercs to support sample rates other than 44.1 kHz? You could either dynamically switch to different samples, or upsample your existing samples.

My default minimum sample rate is 48 kHz, and running VCV at a non-multiple seems to incur a CPU penalty. Beyond that, I often want to run at 96 or 192 kHz or higher if I am employing FM and/or wave folding to help minimize audible aliasing.

I hesitate to even try the free version because I don’t want to get attached to a sound, only to find I can’t use it at any higher sample rates. I certainly would not pay for a premium module that cannot run above 44.1 kHz.

Offering support for higher sample rates could also be another differentiation between the free and premium version.

3 Likes

Hi Dave,

Any chance you can adapt QuadPercs to support sample rates other than 44.1 kHz? You could either dynamically switch to different samples, or upsample your existing samples.

All sounds was sampled @ 44.1kHz from real hardwares (done by myself in a studio near Paris, four years ago). By oversampling to 48kHz (and up), at the moment the results are weak/bad (aka unacceptable for mine quality standards).

I don’t have an acceptable solution at the moment, I’m sorry, but this remains on my “ToDo” list, anyway. Actually I’m finishing the second module - KordZ - for future v2.2.5, then I’ll return again to QuadPercs for oversampling/FIR/filtering stuff. It’s true from original samples oversampled by an audio editor software (such Audacity).

Don’t forget: as long as the frequency (sample rate) grows, the realism decreases (the aliasing grows too, despite processes you’ll add). It’s comparable to a .JPEG image you watch at… higher resolutions, on bigger screens, or on the same principle, you cannot convert PERFECTLY a movie coming from DVD to Blu-ray 1080p/4K/8K (it remains true, even by using best interpolation/filtering algos, etc).

Offering support for higher sample rates could also be another differentiation between the free and premium version.

At the moment, I consider the 5-machine limit for free QuadPercs, is sufficient. My policy about free OhmerPrems plugin is only one restriction per module. But I’ll can consider the question, why not (it will permit - for example - to buy/rent additional high-end softwares like iZotope).

Dominique Camus (Ohmer Modules)

3 Likes

Hello,

Concerning OhmerPrems plugin, 4 useless files can be deleted (all from Rack2/plugins/OhmerPrems directory). Those files are:

From res/components/ :

• __TEMPLATE_ENG.svg
  • __TEMPLATE_FRA.svg
  • KRDZ_Nota_Fra_Frame.svg
  • XB_Port_Gold_(alt).svg

EDIT: those useless files will be automatically deleted on next releases (OhmerPrems v2.2.5+).

1 Like

You can now delete them yourself in the next update: Rack/CHANGELOG.md at v2 · VCVRack/Rack · GitHub

API

• Make unarchiver handle zero-byte files as a special case by deleting destination files instead of overwriting them. This allows plugin packages to remove old presets by including a zero-byte file with its filename.
1 Like

Interesting! it indicated to remove old presets - hope it will work for any “0-byte” file, anywhere in the plugin directory structure!

Thanks a lot Lars for this useful tip! :ok_hand:

What is the preferred method for creating a zero length file?

EDIT: sorry I’ve replied despite your request was addressed to… Lars! :pray:

Windows: from anywhere (desktop, inside a folder), right-click, New > Text file (of course don’t open it). This new (text) file is, by default, empty (zero lenght file).

Then rename this new file as you want (eg KRDZ_Nota_Fra_Frame.svg inkoved above) - name + extension, to match exactly the file must be deleted during .vcvplugin package installation (I mean when Rack 2 uncompress the .vcvplugin file).

This file must replace the obsolete you’ll want to delete (same filename, located in same folder) from your source. Applicable only when you create your binary package (make dist, make install from msys64 terminal - or Linux/Mac equivalent).

Now implemented for OhmerPrems (2.2.5 and later) releases (after successful test).

1 Like

In MSYS2,Git for Windows,macOS,Linux: touch some-empty-file.vcv

2 Likes

Windows Powershell:

New-Item -Name EmptyFile.txt -ItemType File

Windows Command Prompt (cmd.exe)

copy nul "EmptyFile.txt"

(and others)

3 Likes

Yes, of course! :grinning: :wink: :ok_hand: