NYSTHI v2.4.23

@ROGAVKA I’ve just finished a long test recorded 23 minutes 16 bits 64 tracks

the task created an 8GB file

the post task created 64 valid WAV files of 125Mb each

I think the problem is only in Win10 systems (just wait next release for another variation)

here some pictures of my capture

the PCM file

the separated WAV
Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 12.36.48

tracks from 61 to 64 imported in OceanAudio

duration more than 23 minutes
Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 12.38.20

so, do you think you have found a problem already? if you’re unable to test on win10 I’ll be happy to help :slight_smile:

anyway, thanks for getting into this!

1 Like

I never experienced the problem but who knows… I changed a counter

1 Like

I have a mutation of ambuance to have WET really WET

3 Likes

v1.0.13 (2020-06-10)

POLYRECORDER

POLYRECORDER64

• debug: discovered an undersized counter (overflowing with files bigger than 4gb on Win10)

AMBUANCE

• [feature request] add remove original signal from WET path, using contextual menu
10 Likes

In case anyone else on win10 was struggling with recording their multitrack 30-minutes ambient jams through polyrec64 - all issues were fixed in 1.0.13. cheers for @synthi - he’s the best!

5 Likes

It seems like BZ-MAPPER isn’t working with polyphonic signals, are you aware of this issue @synthi?

please open and issue on nysthi github so I can track (and evaluate) ! grazie mille !

#v1.0.14 (2020-09-15)

MUSICALBOX

• added drag playhead pressing ALT left (hard move of playhead with granular play)
  • added drag playhead pressing ALT right (smooth move of playhead with granular play)
  • added drag playhead pressing SHIFT (scratch move of playhead, with pitch accelerations)
  • bug: was not respecting the -6 tp +6 OCTAVEs range

MUSICALBOX2

• bug: was not respecting the -6 tp +6 OCTAVEs range

SIMPLICITER

• added drag playhead pressing ALT left (hard move of playhead with granular play)
  • added drag playhead pressing ALT right (smooth move of playhead with granular play)
  • added drag playhead pressing SHIFT (scratch move of playhead, with pitch accelerations)
  • Fade In-Out smoothers, max 2000 samples, controlled by anticlick knob
  • Fade In can be ON or OFF, with linear or exp functions
  • Fade Out can be ON or OFF, with linear or exp functions
  • added XFADE between start and Reversed samples at the end, max 1 sec or 44100 samples
  • XFADE can be ON or OFF, it’s controlled by the anticlick knob
  • removed the use of AUTOMATIC cache
    • loaded files are always load from their current position (if they still exist)
    • if a recording or an append is done, saving the file will connect the sampler to the saved file
  • increased range for OCTAVES, now from -6 to +6

COMPLEX SIMPLER

• loaded files are always load from their current position (if they still exist)
    • if a recording or an append is done, saving the file will connect the sampler to the saved file

CONFUSING SIMPLER

QUAD SIMPLER

SUSSUDIO

• added drag playhead pressing SHIFT LEFT (scratch move of playhead, with pitch accelerations)
  • added drag playhead pressing SHIFT RIGHT (scratch move of ALL the playheads, with pitch accelerations)
  • Fade In-Out smoothers, max 2000 samples, controlled by anticlick knob
  • Fade In can be ON or OFF, with linear or exp functions
  • Fade Out can be ON or OFF, with linear or exp functions
  • added XFADE between start and Reversed samples at the end, max 1 sec or 44100 samples
  • XFADE can be ON or OFF, it’s controlled by the anticlick knob

QUADPANNER

• added CV source mode (from contextual menu “uses 10V if no input”)
  • feature request: added GATE output when touching the area: to be used as controller

VECTORMIXER

• moved lowpass output to context menu
  • feature request: added GATE output when touching the area: to be used as controller

GRANTUNISMO + HOTTUNA

• feature request: added midi note + cents deviation

BZMAPPER

• debug poly mode

SOYMODELSOU

• debug halt when changing sample rate

TZOP

• debug FINE tuning (now correctly doing -1 -> +1 semitone)

TZEN

• debug the disappearing ADSR when a module was on the left
    (now only a TZOP or µEN on the left, witha TZEN at their left can influence it)

ETCHASKETCHOSCOPE

• feature request: add filter for “Max drawable vector length”

SIMPLER TAPE CONTROL

• form a Pyer Cllrd idea
  • a tool that tries to imitate the use of Reel to Reel studio tape machine using the SPEED input in the various Nysthi Sampler
  • it works as an expander directly in Simpliciter and Confusing Simpler but using the AUX out can be connected to any other sample like Complex Simpler, Sussudio, Musical Box, Musical Box 2
  • parameters and commands
  • TAP CONTROL to START and STOP the machine
  • TRIG IN to START and STOP the machine
  • GATE IN to START when HIGH annd STOP when LOW the machine
  • WOW control + INPUT (they work as SUM), visually is represented by an OFF-CENTER rotation
  • INERTIAL control + INPUT (they work as SUM). Tries to simulate the inertia of Reels
  • machine controls:
  •   BACKWARD + TRIG in

•   FORWARD + TRIG in

•   Half speed BACKWARD + TRIG in

•   Half speed FORWARD + TRIG in

•   Double speed BACKWARD + TRIG in (via contextual menu, the speed will be 4x)

•   Double speed FORWARD + TRIG in (via contextual menu, the speed will be 4x)

• SELECT by CV (midi note from 0 to 5 of any octave, for example C3 will be "Double speed BACKWARD", C#3 --> BACKWARD, D3 --> Half speed BACKWARD, D#3 --> Half speed FORWARD, E3 --> FORWARD, F3 --> Double speed FORWARD)

• NEXT will select next speed

• PREV will select prev speed

• RND will select a random speed between the 6

• IN & OUTs:
  • MOD IN : any voltage entering in will be added to the “AUX OUT”
  • CLICK OUT: sound output for the clicking buttons like real tape machine
  • HOLD OUT, it’s the GATE of the current status of the TAPE machine, to sync with other MACHINEs
  • AUX OUT is the total of all internal calculation to be applied to the speed pf the samplers

BEWARE that if you connect it directly to a SPEED in connection in a sampler, on that sampler SPEED must be set to ZERO and SPEED CV IN VCA (if present) must be set to MAX

TZVU

• module request
  • wonderful UI from Pyer Cllrd!
  • vu meter utils, imitating the EMS synthi VU METER (signal checker)
    contains a sensibility control from 4 msecs to 1000 msecs can be switched to 0 to 10v or -5 to 5v range

TZMX

• an Operator Poly Mixer to be used to compose DX7 style algorithms
24 Likes

That’s quite an update, congrats Antonio :slight_smile:

2 Likes

grazie Marc

I wish I had more time to work on Rack

when you have a lot of modules, feature requests and bugs keep cumulating and I won’t release till I can see the queue at ZERO … :smiley:

5 Likes

Boom! What an update!

2 Likes

Noice! Have a few questions though:

• when paused Simpliciter generates some dc offset according to the level of current paused position I believe
  • when entering context label menu in Simpliciter (track context menu) playback is paused automatically
  • since there is no caching anymore how do you personally recommend to place samples when moving patch to the another machine to not lost link between patch and wav files?
1 Like

this is a feature request it has been always this way
please request it on my github

this is a bug, probably introduced for the new dragging mode
please open an issue on my github

sincerely I have no idea, now the full path is stored and moving to another computer is not going to work

let’s wait for the new file format, with consolidation

1 Like

Grazie Antonio! So encouraging and exciting to see these new updates! :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Mille merci pour tout ces modules…

1 Like

Artem, please reinstall I removed the BUG and added the “no sound” if stopped request version is unchanged, because is still not distributed

1 Like

This update is crazy! :o :smiley: And I thought I was gonna relax this weekend…

I have one question about the simplers, now that the cache is no longer used, is the recorded audio stored in memory until it’s saved?

1 Like

yes

2 Likes

The simpler with the VU meters…back in the old days with my Revox…a little bit of Enosification…

1 Like