NYSTHI v2.4.23

@synthi the lasted modules seems super nice!, I really want to try your samplers and all the others, but I read in another thread will you not release a V2 version, is this correct?

1 Like

Could it be possible to apply those awesome fade ins and fade outs to Play and Stop triggers as well? Right now anticlick can’t do anything with that. I suppose you applied it only to some internal triggers inside samplers Also probably a bug - when Simpliciter is playing and I do drag and drop another sample from explorer this produces an immediately crash of Rack. Sorry if that was a known one

not true I received a big donation from an anonymous of $100,000 and now I’m ready to do any port, till v10.0… :wink:

12 Likes

needs a different treatment, I’ve added on the fly the ZERO after your request for 0v DC

I’ll work on it

1 Like

thank you for this update , I think for further develop the possibilities of simpliciter would be great to Have Cv loop start, loop end , and loop xfade of The selected slice

the CV in for the START SLICE it’s already the CV LOOP start (same for the END slice) (or am I missing something ? ) and the loop xfade is already in

1 Like

I mean those left and right Blue knob that control the slice lenght start and end.

I would Like a mode to make them stay in the lenght Of the selected slice and not go further unless you select another slice

It’s already there form MAIN CONTEXTUAL MENU (clicking on white zones) under COMMANDS select “START AND LENGHT MODE”

now you can CV only the START and the slice will be unchanged

I already selected “start and lenght mode” but It didnt change , i’m on Mac I try to post another Pic for example

This Is the selected slice

And now i put Meta aardvark in the sample start CV impu You can see that the Gray area Is bigger then the selected slice in the First Pic in this case the negative CV off Aardvark make the slice start beefore

but you are in slice grid mode
grid mode should be off

I try with grid off but Is the same

@Tristan maybe there is misunderstanding

is that that you want ?

1 Like

Yes , but in my simpliciter if deactivate grid and peak It show slice 1 and grid 1 when you Have 12 and 16 i think I missing something

Are samples just lost now if they are not saved after recording in complex simpler?

1. Not including this forum and the video tutorials around, is it correct that the best way to learn about NYSTHI modules work is currently browsing https://github.com/nysthi/nysthi/releases (and its whole history)?
  2. Some NYSTHI modules embed instructions in their context menu. Can I assume that those instructions are always also included in https://github.com/nysthi/nysthi/releases, or should I cross-check both the page and the context menu?

I’m not going to write documentation from scratch, but if 1) and 2) are both true I may think of collecting those resources in a single page and maintaining it up-to-date (edit: not doing this)

yes, if you do any edit

1. recording
  2. amplify
  3. append
  4. cut
  5. zone delete

it is your responsability to save edited samples

I’m going to support (in the near future) the new VCV RACK file format with consolidation of resources/samples so will be easy to move it around

1 Like

yes for 1 and 2

probably I’ve omitted something in past about simpliciter, but just because it’s the fake twin of “confusing simpler”

I generally describe all the parameters in the Changelog.md file and if you traverse it backward you’ll have the full history of all my modules

1 Like

@Tristan

Simpliciter can work in 3 modes

1. SLICE SEQUENCER
  2. SLICE GRID
  3. PEAK SLICE GRID

in mode 2 and 3, you can’t change selection lenght, are fixed and precomputed

when GRID MODE is OFF, the substate PEAK GRID MODE is off too and Simpliciter is in SLICE SEQ MODE

in SLICE SEQ mode, you can do any selection you want on the SAMPLE display
and all the CV operation are addressed to the current SLICE

the CURRENTE SLICE is the ONE in memory and is always the ONE you are editing
you can save IT in the SEQUENCER and and EDIT another SLICE and do all the plays you want with CVs in and after RELOAD it or maybe you want to update current register with current edit

just noticed in news from Rack that I released an unwanted release: a not working “BZ-Envelope”

please don’t use it because currently is just a bad copy of BZ-Mapper
:blush:

4 Likes

Wow, I wasn’t paying enough attention to the name and just thought BZ-Envelope was an update to BZ-Mapper.

1 Like