NYSTHI v2.4.23

are proposals for the future

and no, I can’t detect runtime the missing audio and reduce the saved tracks

I can only detect if a cable is connected

oh, sorry. so 1 is already implemented, isn’t it? If I connect 3 channel-poly I get the file with 3 tracks total.

and 2 is a more advanced method to store silence or something?

no the 1 is not implemented, but I can do it in the next version (via a contextual menu)

the 2 would be ok if paired to an OMF importing DAW but sincerely I don’t have time (or will) to develop something that will be used by one ot two people

1 Like

I have to correct the option 1 is not possible because the is no “isConnected” function able to detect if one in the middle channels are not connected this means that I can only use the channels count as reference

the only way to consolidate would be to implement a post processing operation that will filter all the “ZERO” channels

this means that you still are going to lose 677 MB per minute for a 64 tracks at 44100Hz, in a temp file before the postprocessing

good luck! :slight_smile:

I still think that post-processing automatic consolidation would be super-useful (when recording a lot it might be tedious to edit each file manually), but i totally inderstand if you don’t :slight_smile:

thanks!

1 Like

open a feature request on my github, so I don’t forget: who knows… :smiley:

I was so moved by compassion that I did it… @ROGAVKA

in next release 1.0.10

– POLYRECORDER ---- Added “CONSOLIDATE TRACKS after REC” mode. If active, during the postprocessing all the tracks with empty content will be removed

– POLYRECORDER64 ---- Added “CONSOLIDATE TRACKS after REC” mode. If active, during the postprocessing all the tracks with empty content will be removed

11 Likes

NYSTHI for the win! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

WOW this is the first christmas gift for me this year and may end up being the best one :gift:

You rock!

1 Like

Thinking this is a feature I’ve requested years ago in a major daw i won’t name and it’s still not there, and seeing it added in a VCV module in less < 24 hours. Rack community really rock :sunny:

4 Likes

wow it’s just so awesome!

2 Likes

Is there a limit on how large poly recordings can be? I just tried recording a generative patch running for about an hour and ended up with like 8.5 minutes recorded. Any idea what’s going on here or how I might be able to record longer? there was plenty of hard drive space available.

I suppose worst case I can try to work-around with two instances of the recorder trading off every 8 minutes, but that seems rather inelegant.

I know some recorders have 2Gb limits or 4GB limits. Used to be due to OS limitations - these days it would likely be due to an oversight on someone’s part. Does is seem like your problem could be ones of these issues?

Hmm, not exactly. I haven’t found an exact cutoff point, but when I try recording for 30+ minutes I’ve ended up with files ~700-800 mb and 7-8 minutes or so. I managed to get a 10 minute file when I manually stopped recording at that time rather than letting it run over.

edit: also I thought that it might be because I was trying to record to an exFat formatted SD card I use to expand my laptop’s storage space, but then I tried recording to the NTFS partition on my computer and still got the same thing happening.

Sounds like a bug!

if you have a repro case using a mac and with patch created only with nysthi modules, please post it on MY github

there is a limitation in WAVE files, they can store 2^32 bytes, because of the bytes counter at start of the file having only 4 bytes (an unsigned long space)

means that old reader can read only (simulating 2 chans, 16 bits 44100) 6 hours and 45 minutes

you do the math to have the correct measures (4 chans 32 bits 96000Hz -> only 46 minutes)

new readers are using the lenght of the file to get the size of the wav saved

anyway, I was able to record 20 minutes 64 tracks 32 bits floats 44100 having at the end a 13.5 GB wave files (invalid for Audicity)

but you can save PCM format and you’ll be always ok

I can save file well over 20GB per session

as I have no time to do a full release PLUS I have many modules to debug and close

for the people with MAC here a prerelease with some new module and some debug/MOD

https://github.com/nysthi/nysthi/releases/download/v1.0.10beta/NYSTHI-1.0.10-mac.zip

this is the PRE release announce

– SIMPLICITER ---- added menu to set xfade time between REC and PLAY buffers (from 0 to 2 seconds max)

– CONFUSING SIMPLER ---- added menu to set xfade time between REC and PLAY buffers (from 0 to 2 seconds max)

– HOTTUNA ---- add “USE BEMOLLE” (USE ♭) mode. When ON, bemolle (♭) are presented instead of Diesis (#)

– GRAN TUNISMO ---- add “USE BEMOLLE” (USE ♭) mode. When ON, bemolle (♭) are presented instead of Diesis (#)

– POLYRECORDER ---- Added “CONSOLIDATE TRACKS after REC” mode. If active, during the postprocessing all the tracks with empty content will be removed

– POLYRECORDER64 ---- Added “CONSOLIDATE TRACKS after REC” mode. If active, during the postprocessing all the tracks with empty content will be removed

– MUSICALBOX2 ---- add the contextual menu to allow WAV files bigger than 2MB

– BZ-MAPPER ---- Bezier based function mapper module, POLY ---- from 2 to 6 nodes, with memory ---- nodes can be CV controlled using the expanders ---- can be used as waveshaper for any type of signal (beware of aliasing at audio rate) ---- if touch to the left with a LFOMultiphase or µOP becomes and oscillator

– BZ-XPAND ---- right EXPANDER for BZ-MAPPER, to control using CV all the Nodes and Control Points

– BZ-XPANDXPAND ---- right EXPANDER for BZ-XPAND, to add scale and offset for all the CV in

7 Likes

waiting for a windows one btw)

2 Likes

:cold_sweat: