NYSTHI v2.4.23

Antonio: that RAEL module is very enigmatic:) can you, by any chance, share 1-2 very simple examples as vcvrack2 files that show its power? thank you.

It’s a very simple utility module containing 12 lines equivalent

the button on the left is to TRIG (or using the input), if the line is ACTIVE, after the TRIG, and after the DELAY in sec the GATE will be set ON for DURATION secs. A TRIG is emitted at END of DELAY and another one is emitted at END of DURATION of the GATE.

The line can be looped (the EndOfGate is connected to the TRIG input)

DELAY of action and DURATION can be randomized using probabilistics fields from 0.0 to 1.0

PROB 1.0 means: use the same value PROB 0.0 means fully random of the current value (the computed display show the values after probabilities)

formula precise is VALUE * PROB + VALUE * 2 * RAND(1.0 - PROB) example you have a DURATION of 5 secs and probability of 0.80 means: 5 * 0,8 + 5 * 2 * RND(0.2) → duration will have MIN 4 to a max of 6 secs

When SEQUENCE is on, previous EOG will trig next LINE

If a clock is in distance between clock impulses is computed as a TIME base (values of DURATION and DELAY are not anymore in SECONDS but in fraction of the TIME BASE

can be a Trigger Delay Gate Delay Clock Trig sequencer Gate Sequencer Wonky clock

3 Likes

BTW, there is a bug in RAEL wait for the .22

@synthi this is what I see in the content menu. It says it’s 2.4.21 but it doesn’t show any wonky option.

I kind of thought you were talking about re-syncing every so often, so that . The ‘loops’ count isn’t clear what it’s a loop of. Is it a certain number of clocks at the clock input or …?

My test fixture. Which, depending on how Rael is tweaked comes up pretty flappy weird drum beats.

2024-02-06.vcv (7.1 KB)

FWIW, Wonkiness does appear in RAEL in Windows 2.4.21

please update to the 2 4 22:
there is a bug in RAEL about persistence of values between copies and saves :heart:

2 Likes

What am I doing wrong? EDIT: 2.4.22 fixes the problem.

On Intel Mac, macOS 10.12.6, Rack 2.4.1 standalone:

0.958 info src/plugin.cpp:262 extractPackages] Extracting package /Users/lab/Documents/Rack2/plugins-mac-x64/NYSTHI-2.4.22-mac-x64.vcvplugin
[2.650 warn src/plugin.cpp:230 loadPlugin] Could not load plugin /Users/lab/Documents/Rack2/plugins-mac-x64/NYSTHI: Failed to load library /Users/lab/Documents/Rack2/plugins-mac-x64/NYSTHI/plugin.dylib: dlopen(/Users/lab/Documents/Rack2/plugins-mac-x64/NYSTHI/plugin.dylib, 6): Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin
  Referenced from: /Users/lab/Documents/Rack2/plugins-mac-x64/NYSTHI/plugin.dylib
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
 in /Users/lab/Documents/Rack2/plugins-mac-x64/NYSTHI/plugin.dylib

v2.0.15 from the library loads fine.

probably because I’m compiling on MBP M3 + Sonoma 14.x + xcode 15.3 (that starts with 10.13 as minimum SDK)

new 2 4 23

#v2.4.23 (2024-03-01)

PROGRAMMER

• optimizations

THE SQUONK

• optimizations

RAEL

• optimizations

ELSKER

• optimizations

B208Random - SOY UTILS - SOY MODEL SOU

• optimizations

SIMPLICITER, SIMPLICITER2, COMPLEX SIMPLER

• add REC GATE MODE (from contextual menu)
  • add LONG PRESS (3 secs) delete sample MODE, if in TRIG REC MODE

Assets 6

12.9 MB

11.6 MB

11.9 MB

11.8 MB

16 Likes

WE are in the library again :smiley:
Thanks to all VCV team and all the supporters

37 Likes

Wonderful! Thank you.

MAC ARM user here - thank you, thank you, thank you!

1 Like

Holy crap wow

1 Like

Thank you, Antonio,
it’s great!

Thank you! Fantastic news.

What a wonderful day. Thank you very much!

Having received some reports about the MAC intel version not loading on systems older than
OS 14.0.0

I’m quite sure I’m targeting OS since 10.9 but probably something is wrong in the NEW XCODE 15.4 And I cannot go back because I’m on M3 MBP pro, OSX 14.1.1

from some of the logs of the loading pluging seems that symbol missing is this one:

____chkstk_darwin

So I’ve decided to create a new Development machine on my old imac i5 with XCode 15.2 and OSX 13.6.6.

The result is this MAC INTEL NYSTHI versione 2.4.23 .

I have already 3 positive reports

so if you have any problem using NYSTHI 2.4.23 on your mac INTEL, please update to this one

When I’ll have 10 positive call I’ll pass to the VCV team, for an update

8 Likes

Yup, that fixed it for me. I had the “____chkstk_darwin” load error. Thanks!

1 Like