NYSTHI v2.4.23

Thank you, now i understand and the tape ctrl Is brilliant

1 Like

for the braves…

#v1.0.15 (2020-09-22)

SIMPLICITER

• setup a smoother for the start and stop (to avoid clicks, after introducing the “avoid DC signal if stopped”

AMBUANCE

• bug: repaired unexpected result when signal was hard right panned (thanks Peter Vos)

BZ-MAPPER

• added dragging quantized (if press SHIFT key before dragging, nodes will be quantized in 0.5 volts steps)
  • remember that dragging with COMMAND/WINDOW key means “precise dragging”

BZ-ENVELOPE

• it’s a simple Envelope with no sustain, brother of BZ-MAPPER
  • can use the expanders as the BZ-MAPPER (BZ-XPAND and BZ-XPANDXPAND)
  • there are 2 to 6 nodes (and 1 to 5 Control Points)
  • nodes are persistent (when switching, module will remember previous settings)
  • from contextual menu it’s possible to set 4 durations
    • from 0.001 to 0.100 seconds
    • from 0.100 to 1.000 seconds
    • from 1.000 to 10.00 seconds
    • from 10.00 to 60.00 seconds
  • the knob “duration” will set the precise value between the min and max of the range
  • the duration knob acts in exponential mode
  • the BZ-ENVELOPE can be looped
  • BZ-ENVELOPE is fully POLY
  • the TRIG IN accepts from 1 to 16 channels
  • the TAP TRIG let you activate on demand the ENVELOPE
  • the EOC (End of Cycle) is a pulse emitted at the end of every cycle (in loop mode too)
  • the ENV-OUT is the poly out and can output in 2 ranges
    • -5 to 5V range
    • 0 TO 10V range
  • Voltage range is changed using the contextual menu on the Display (where the range is presented)
  • the Zoom of vertical of the screen is set using the contextual menu on the left in the ZOOM area
  • dragging is quantized if SHIFT key is pressed before dragging: nodes will be quantized in 0.5 volts steps
  • dragging with COMMAND/WINDOW key means “precise/slow dragging”
11 Likes

noice, I have some thought on BZ envelope if you gonna add some update in some future -

1 - option to link start and end nodes. in that way we can easily create an beautiful lfo for example without any gap or jump in voltage

2 - option for apply different eoc states especially for passed through different nodes - for the first node, for the second and etc

3 - sequencing between different nodes would be interesting (I think 8face can help but maybe you have some more cool ideas on how to achieve it if you like an idea) since the time domain is still the same for all of them

4 - cv for duration knob

5 - phase input (like ZZC clock or Stoermelder’s Remove, but it’s veeery on your taste)

6 - prevent from moving module when trying to move a node. sometimes it’s a bit hard to click exactly on the center of a node and module starts moving instead of node.

Sorry if that too much) THanks for the huge update again!

2 Likes

1 - option to link start and end nodes. in that way we can easily create an beautiful lfo for example without any gap or jump in voltage

not possible, missing a controlpoint between end and start, but you can easily obtain what you want dragging in quantized mode and controlling the first and last CP

2 - option for apply different eoc states especially for passed through different nodes - for the first node, for the second and etc

not possible, for CPU reasons all the functions are precomputed and we have no notion of the mid points positions

3 - sequencing between different nodes would be interesting (I think 8face can help but maybe you have some more cool ideas on how to achieve it if you like an idea) since the time domain is still the same for all of them

with a little bit of mixing a using the EOC of one as TRIG IN of the next you can obtain the effect you want

I was thinking to add a INPUT signal to be summed to inner value, but I had no space (and BTW there was more complexity to add: add the value to the current value ? and if the Envelope is in stop mode ? Add last NODE value to the input value ? use only input value ?)

4 - cv for duration knob

can be done, but space is missing whiners are gonna cry because the UI is crammed/lame and yada yada yada

5 - phase input (like ZZC clock or Stoermelder’s Remove, but it’s veeery on your taste)

nope, no phase: you can already play with phase using BZ-Mapper

6 - prevent from moving module when trying to move a node. sometimes it’s a bit hard to click exactly on the center of a node and module starts moving instead of node.

can be done I can block all drags from the operation area

1 Like

#v1.0.16 (2020-10-04)

SIMPLICITER

• bug: crash caused by peak slice mode (issue #309)

• add some new EDIT contextual menu

• UNDO (REDO) last (disruptive) edit: to be used to recover previous situation after doing an edit on samples
    • Do Espen Storø trick (for no clicks in looping samples)
      for cut in the middle switch the 2 parts and xfade: the idea is to obtain non clicking drone loops but someone for sure is going to use in other creative ways
    • Do mega random chopping and mix amusing command to destroy the intelligibility of any speech sample ! (magic!)
    • Fade IN and OUT, LINEAR and EXP
  • add a new contextual menu "Use START and STOP value smoothers" because some people may prefer the old way when stopping (and starting) was not fading out (or fading in) but maintaining the last DC output

• add "RELOAD" new contextual menu: to reload the original file (maybe changed by various edit)

COMPLEX SIMPLER

• bug: was not saving the connected file if the file was drag&drop
  • bug: start was delayed because the anticlick was not inited

QUADSIMPLER

CONFUSING SIMPLER

Heads-up on Anti-click (in various samplers)

the more is high the more delay is introduced

8 Likes

do you have win binaries to test it?

1 Like

Ciao Stephan I had this idea of the sample chopper and the sample blender and I was testing if it’s possible to insert in this release :slight_smile: (did I tell you that the fun par for me is adding features ? (and bugs))

Hi Antonio, maybe you didn’t understand my question?

I would like to test the added features, but I can’t compile the modules from the source code. So I asked for an already compiled windows versions, as I don’t want to wait until it is in the library :wink:

1 Like

you can test it now I have released the 1 0 16 b

https://github.com/nysthi/nysthi/releases/download/v1.0.16/NYSTHI-1.0.16-win.zip

1 Like

super :+1: I’ll test asap

1 Like

#v1.0.17 (2020-11-20)

FEATURE REQUEST: All modules are skinnable now (#318)
(Simpliciter, Sussudio, MusicalBox, MusicalBox2 and TheCage are added)

SIMPLICITER

• bug: missing SYNC for the internal LFO
  • bug: START and LENGHT mode was not correctly reloaded (#285)
  • add a led to visualize the CV out of the env follower
  • feature request: add RAMP OUT representing the position of the playhead
    can be relative to slice or relative to the full sample (#325)

SUSSUDIO

• FEATURE REQUEST: add contextual menu to avoid reset of playhead on keyframe change (#315)

JOOPER

• bug: D channel was missing (#314)

• FEATURE REQUEST: add MULTIPLEX in EXCLUSIVE mode (no summing of nodes) (#319)
    A goes to A (if both active)
    B goes to B (if both active)
    C goes to C (if both active)
    D goes to D (if both active)

always polyphonic, it’s a superswitch-superbridge

PROGRAMMER

• a new OLD sequencer/programmer module
  • perfect imitation of the CGS 16 step SERGE programmer with extras
  • the programmer can be used as step sequencer, or programmer or keyboard
  • contains a minimal quantizer and can output polyphony using channel A
    (only 4 channels…)
  • it’s 16 stages, and every stage contains:
    • active ON/OFF (if OFF stage will not emit the pulse(s)
    • repetitions (number of subdivisions pulses)
    • SELECT STAGE IN TRIG
    • STAGE SELECTED PULSE OUT (with LED)
    • CHANNEL A, B, C, D, cv out controls with ranges set via contextual menu
    • backward control mode (works with backward clock)
      • RUN = GREEN
      • STOP = RED
      • SKIP = GRAY
    • forward control mode (works with forward clock)
      • RUN = GREEN
      • STOP = RED
      • SKIP = GRAY
    • Select Stage Button, with BLUE led
  • Global controls
    • ADDR input (to address directly a STAGE using CV: the CV is a clipped MIDI note in CV)
    • FORWARD CLOCK input
    • BACKWARD CLOCK input
    • A, B, C, D CV outputs (A is polyphonic, if set by contextual menu)
    • TRIG output, common pulse out for every emitting pulses stages (polyphonic when needed)
    • PUSH output, common GATE out when selecting or touching a STAGE (polyphonic when needed) (can be used to sync more programmers)
  • Contextual Menu
    • QUANTIZER: a quantizer can be set with various classic scales (select NO QUANTIZER (default) for RAW CV outs) (if you want more fancy quantizers, use PolyScalaQuantizer or EqualDivisionQuantizer)
    • VOLTAGE MODE to set various ranges for the CV outs
    • ADDR PULSE OUT mode: when changing a stage using a CV in the ADDR input, this flag activates also PULSE out on selection
    • OUTPUT MODE POLY, if active, Channel A + TRIG OUT + PUSH OUT will become 4 channels poly

POLYRECORDER

POLYRECORDER64

• add a contextual menu to use the START button only as START button
    (not as toggle)

AUTO(X)FADER

• minimum fade time from 100msecs to 4 msecs (0.004 secs in the display)

JANNEKER

• FEATURE REQUEST: autodeactivate if hitting END of LOOP and not in LOOP mode (to have the ONE SHOT mode) (#320)
    the feature is in contextual menu

POLY SCALA QUANTIZER

• FEATURE REQUEST: add root frequency for the applied, scala. (#313) The base it’s always C4 (261.626 Hz)
    The field is editable and value is in Hz
    You can write also in note form : “C3 -> B4”
    the field will autotranslate in correct frequency The frequency can be modulate via CV where 0 -> 10v are mapped from C3 to C5 range
    Added a Reset scale root command (to C4) via contextual menu

CLOCK MULTIPLIER

• FEATURE REQUEST: add voltage outputs for the divided/multiplied clocks (#322)

BZ-MAPPER

BZ-ENVELOPE

• bug: in some situations with very aligned controlpoints and nodes, we were hitting some bizarre math limits… :smiley: (thanks Mark Sanders for the #324)
20 Likes

Proper

1 Like

Grazie mille, caro Antonio, you made my day (or night, to be precise;)) much more fascinating thanks to the new Programmer module - very interesting and tricky addition to your superb collection!

1 Like

Grazie mille a te ! The (Serge) PROGRAMMER is very similar to the SQUONK, but this time I decided to replicate 1 to 1 the functions of the real deal (+ I have added some minimal extras)

1 Like

In fact, I tested your Programmer without any knowledge of the original/CGS Programmer Serge sequencer (shame on me :wink: But after an hour or so I managed to understand most of its semi-hidden (i.e. not so obvious) features :sunglasses: And only today I examined it’s basic description (on https://idmnyu.github.io/audiolab/serge.html) - just to finish my “education”. +BTW, your “minimal extras” are not so minimal, sure, - at least, ratcheting addition was very nice idea + output ranges choice is also always welcomed by me :wink: Thanx again and have a nice day, Antonio!

P.S. I forgot to mention also ADDR input - it has REAL additional power indeed (I just feed into it bog’s ADDR-seq and then experimented with various clock speeds for > and < + various tempi for ADDR steps changes and it was very cool :nerd_face:

1 Like

@synthi Is there a way to do a horizontal zoom in Simpliciter to select the looped part more precisely in a long sample?

2 Likes

@cschol there are some commands in the contextual menu (the one on the wave display) to have kind of “HOR ZOOM”

• do a TRIM Selection if you want to zoom a selection and use it as main sample
  • do a UN-TRIM Sample if you want to go back to the FULL sample
  • do a RENDER Selection to Sample to use the zoomed part as main sample (this is distructive and if you want to mantain for the future, you need to save the file)
  • do a RESET Selection To MAX to do a select all selection

You can do as many TRIM Selection you want to focus some parts (and maybe to save specific slices)

the RENDER Selection to Sample is undoable just one time like all the distruptive commands

3 Likes

Thank you for the AMBUANCE wet removal! It’s perfect now :heart_eyes:

BOOM !!

an hacker entered in my repository and ported nysthi to the v2 !?!?!?!

going to report her/him to the VCV POLICE !

52 Likes

haha, you are a saint, thanks you from bottom of my heart and the offer still stands :wink: