NYSTHI v2.4.23

Please forgive me if this has already been asked/addressed. I scrolled back and read that your updated modules are only available via your GitHub. Will your module updates wind up in the library in the future? Or is your GitHub where we stay updated going forward?

I won’t send them to library til a good number of installations will happen, with happy reports from users (or if I’m creating or debugging modules)
:cat2::sunglasses:🐈‍⬛:muscle:

3 Likes

Sounds good! Thank you for taking the time to answer my question :slight_smile:

1 Like

Proper

1 Like

Hmm, it seems your collection contains several derivatives of MVerb. As you probably know MVerb is GPLv3 → GitHub - martineastwood/mverb: VST Reverb In C++

GPL being a viral license means that your entire plugin.so by extension becomes GPLv3.

So where is the code?

Don’t be so obsessive you and your friends, you are harassing me big time.
I asked for permission from Martin to have a special license : let’s wait for the answer

In the meantime I’ll prepare a request to @jeremy to support my mVerb(s), should I drop them from my library

fyi @Vortico @pgatt @jeremy

2 Likes

What do you mean obsessive. Are you distributing modified GPL code or not?

This is not harassment, I’m just trying to understand how you think it’s ok to do this in your proprietary modules.

I wonder how such “permission” would work. Would that make MVerb dual-licensed?

OBSESSIVE == make 3 EQUIVALENT REQUESTS in 3 days (after 5 years the code is in)

Maybe Rack2 made people pay attention. I have nothing to do with the other requests.

It’s super weird to me how you think this was ok for all this time (I only knew about it because of your post here).

At least you are aware now. Looking forward to see what you intend to do about it.

1 Like

Stirring up trouble again?

Don’t you have some commits to Cardinal to be getting on with or something?

Whatever you want me to do @synthi just let me know

4 Likes

I have done the unthinkable. I have unsubscribed from my Nysthi subscription. And all the plugins disappeared from the browser. A sight from nightmares. But then I re-subscribed, and now all the latest plugins have appeared in the browser. Hurra! Which leads me to this question: can you (for once) explain the name Rael? It’s been nagging me for some time now.

https://www.discogs.com/release/9280981-Genesis-Rael-Imperial-Aerosol-Kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JszTrQdL314&ab_channel=NathanielBarlam

3 Likes

:point_up:

1 Like

I see. That’s a blind spot in my musical education, I (reluctantly) have to admit.

reminds me - a prog fave of mine, Van Der Graff Generator, were never popular at all. Except in Italy, where they were huge. :wink:

2 Likes

I love vdgg, I have tickets to see them but the dates keep changing for obvious reasons (currently it’s May). I recently read/heard their key board player Hugh Banton say that he never really got into synths because he just likes to sit down and play and the synths slowed him down

nice! yeah, for sure not a synth band! there was a time that hammill was playing clavinette, but that’s as “out there” as they keyboard choices ever got. I saw a solo Hammill show in a punk rock club in 1977 or so. It was pretty amazing. And maybe 40 people in the audience. He played grand piano only at that show (and sang, of course).

3 Likes

In Québec too VDGG was quite popular and Hammill too…still are with me…

2 Likes

What about “whiteout,” “black hole,” “black box,” “The Black Death?” Are those bad words/terms, too?

There is no doubt that there is systemic racism deeply engrained in many aspects of western culture, at least in America. But policing silly words is not going to change the heart of man.

Now preparing for my banishment …