Non-synth related... The Killer is Gone

(AP) — Jerry Lee Lewis, the untamable rock ‘n’ roll pioneer whose outrageous talent, energy and ego collided on such definitive records as “Great Balls of Fire” and “Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On” and sustained a career otherwise upended by personal scandal, died Friday morning at 87.

You can easily argue that rock n roll would not be where it is today withoutJerrry. Probably the best way to put it was what he said on stage in 1973 at the Grand Ole Opry " “I am a rock and rollin’, country-and-western, rhythm and blues-singin’ motherf—–,” he told the audience.

May he rest in peace.

3 Likes

Just heard his version of “Rambling Rose”. Never heard any but the MC5 before.

One of the service areas I have to cover is births, marriages and deaths in local register offices. I think if we’d had him in our city he’d have kept us very busy, underage marriage to his own cousin, bigamy… lol

Saw him at a festival in '06, phenomenal gig, the whole place went nuts.

Apparently he’s not dead!

That was a premature claim, he died 2 days later.

Ah ok, seemed odd.

RIP Jerry Lee. Saw him (w/ Fats Domino opening) at Pier Six in Baltimore in the late 80s, when the movie Tin Men was filming in town…Danny DeVito sat behind us!

Naturally, The Killer put on a great show and left us begging for more. Thank you.