New VCV website released

Yeah, totally agree. I used to lust for Eurorack, and could never afford it. Years later I found Rack, and now my hardware GAS has vanished completely. Enough time has been spent on the oscilloscope gazing analog purist bullshit, emulation is so good now, the bottleneck is the actual musician, although nobody will admit that. You don’t suck because you don’t have a piece of physical gear. Teenagers wipe the floor with us old bastards nowadays, using nothing but laptops. John Williams uses pencil an paper to this day, doesn’t even sequence anything.

Skill and knowledge. Apply that to any software or instrument, and it’ll be great.

1 Like

I don’t want to kill this discussion, but “The Eurorack Simulator” was chosen simply because >99% of new VCV Rack users don’t care that it “does more than Eurorack”. They’re just looking for a way to simulate a Eurorack synthesizer on their computer. They’ll discover the “more than Eurorack” stuff after using Rack for a while, after which Rack will no longer be defined by just a slogan on the website to them.

8 Likes

Virtual Eurorack is what i hear from anyone I talk to irl. When we discuss VCV Rack.

2 Likes

Might be lower than that. From my perspective, all my friends who use it, or inquired about getting started in reaction to videos I posted on social media, basically they all couldn’t care less that hardware counterparts exist. Software is the real thing to us, because it’s what we were introduced to first, we never coveted the hardware.

2 Likes

do you have any proof for this number?

Most people I know will never be able to afford any hardware and they use only affordable software and they want to have a usable production environment for their ideas. It is really not about Eurorack or anything but about working tools. And VCV is really working great.

2 Likes

when I show VcvRack to my friends I always call it a “simulator”, I think it immediately gives the idea of what it is (more or less, obviously)

1 Like