Befaco Announments Thread

Fails on linux here:

[0.131 warn src/plugin.cpp:158] Could not load plugin /home/ewen/.Rack/plugins-v1/Befaco: Failed to load library /home/ewen/.Rack/plugins-v1/Befaco/plugin.so: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29’ not found (required by /home/ewen/.Rack/plugins-v1/Befaco/plugin.so)

Really impressive work - very happy to see more Befaco in VCV!

Mm, I’m not sure why that is. I just tested with a fresh Linux Mint VM and it works. If you completely delete, and downgrade does the old version definitely work no issue? What version of VCV are you using?

Yes.

1.1.6 local dev build.

I’ve seen this before with other modules but can’t remember exactly what the issue was, I do recall it was an easy fix though.

1 Like

From Instruo won't show up in Library - #6 by dlphillips it looks like the github build actions are using latest Ubuntu, I’ll try using ubuntu-18.04 tonight and send you an updated build.

1 Like

Hi, although this is an old comment by Vortico, it might be of use here:

3 Likes

Definitely worthwhile to install the vcv build toolchain.

2 Likes

I’ve merged in the @martinl1968 's polyphony changes, plus switched to building on Ubuntu 16.04 to keep compatible with glibc and libstdc++ requirements. @contemporaryinsanity - let me know if this works. I’ve also been addressing the review comments about polyphony and addressing some outstanding bugs there. I’ve tried to test the polyphony changes but the more eyes the better (plus I’ll continue to test myself).

3 Likes

Sorted :slight_smile:

@hemmer Your code builds without issues on the official Rack build system for all platforms. Great job!

1 Like

v1.1.0 should now be published in the library. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

nice job. these should be pretty popular.

Hey @hemmer Thanks a million for this nice update! I just noticed a smal feature missing in the ABC module, compared to the hardware version, probably missing from the first release: when not connected, the upper output is supposed to be mixed in the lower output, this allows to use it as a 4channel mixer: 2 vca channels (AxB) + 2 offsetable channels (C)

1 Like

The mixing is indeed incorrect. Someone filled a bug, and it has been fixed: Befaco A*B+C · Issue #21 · VCVRack/Befaco · GitHub

1 Like

oh, ok this is not what I meant but it explains why it didn’t work :smiley: Meanwhile I have been diging into the wavefolder… your algo is just wonderful! I don’t have the original module but it provides exact same ocilloscope result and sound so great!

Ah cool, I tried to model mine quite closely, but I’m not sure what inter device variation there is. If you’re interested there are some more details here. Top one is symmetric, bottom one is asymmetric.

love Befaco … is the Crush Delay V3 module planned for VCV too? :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello there I have created a patch that does some of the features/fxs of the Crush delay. It does have Glitch Shifter from unfiltered audio in it.

Here it is:

Voxglitch Autobreak, Bytebeats.vcv (34.3 KB)

Voxglitch Autobreak, Bytebeats 3 - Mangled Sounds by Adrian Bottomley (soundcloud.com)

1 Like

No immediate plans, as some of the circuit bending / crushing is a little hard to model, but never say never. :wink: Lots of plans for other Befaco modules though!

1 Like

Version 1.2.0 should now be in the library, go check it out!

23 Likes