I previously posted about the Percall port I was working on. Since then I’ve been working with Befaco to bring a few more modules to VCV. Four new modules (including Percall) have been added with the intention of creating a new release, v1.1.0, these being Kickall, Chopping Kinky, Hex Mix VCA and Percall. I’ve also added the Befaco bananuts to the older modules
Download link for v1.1.0 (pre-release)
v1.1.0 now released in the by library
The team at Befaco have taken a look and are happy, so now I am now looking for any feedback / testing before we submit to the library. I also have a few specific questions:
- are the default values sensible (e.g. Kickall setting might not be)
- any glitches / pops
- are tooltips sensible
- does it work on your platform (I can only test on Windows currently)
- is CPU performance acceptable (I’ve tried to follow @Squinky.Labs guide!)
- does polyphony work as expected?
- Chopping Kinky
- offers a range of oversampling - is this useful, or should a default just be set behind the scenes
- polyphony - this needs to oversample 2-3 channels even in mono, so is CPU heavy, and waveshaping works best with mono - should I sum polyphonic channels or ignore channels > 1?
- any comments on efficiency of implementation etc
Hope you enjoy and let me know how you get on!