New all-VCV album by Prof. Ping

If you are in the VCV facebook group, you may recognize a few of these tracks based on livestreams I’ve done of generative patches.

Thanks for listening!

This is probably a dumb question, but when people speak of Rack-only tracks does this include the mixing and mastering?

Have looked in awe at some of the tracks that are fully programmed in chained sequencers and the like, although I wonder how many people actually do that vs. end up programming parts of the song and patching them back together in another DAW.

In this case, mixed and recorded within VCV. I did some ‘mastering’ of the output file with Live.

1 Like

I’ve mostly been doing one-take, more simple stuff so far, so it’s all been done in Rack and nothing outside. No post/external mixing, mastering, effects, anything… and no DAW’s involved. As Andrew says: Rack is the DAW (or will become it) :slight_smile:

However, if I get the skill and inclination to move to more involved and advanced stuff, with multitudes of voices coming in and out, I will probably need to start doing some multi-tracking, and stitch things together in e.g. Audacity. But then, I’ve never been into DAW’s so for me that’s “natural”. For people coming from the “DAW world” things probably look different.