New album - The Geometry of a Mushroom

My new album is out and about :slight_smile: It’s full of granular synthesis, VCV Rack, acoustic instruments like my flute, and other fun stuff like my son’s toy keyboard. I used Fate from the Geodesics and the FM-OP from BogAudio a lot in this one, but there were also appearances by Energy, XFX Wave, Phrase Sequencer, Plateau, Chronoblob2, and more. Here it is on Bandcamp - http://bit.ly/octgoam Like always, the first 25 Euros will go as a donation to a third-party developer, so if you enjoy the music, enjoy what I do, and want to support me and the developers, feel free to take a listen, I will really appreciate it. Thanks and have a good one!

12 Likes

Here’s a list of the previous donations -

2 Likes

hallucinative

2 Likes

Indeed

2 Likes

It’s a fantastic album Omri, well done! Amazing you can keep it up…

2 Likes

Thank you so much, Lars! I’m really proud of this one. The recording process reminded me of the work I’ve done with Divisions, which I also really proud of. Cheers!

1 Like

Ok guys, thank you so much for listening and supporting, I’m really happy you enjoy the music, it’s one of the albums I’m more proud of :slight_smile: I’ve decided to donate to @stoermelder with his Pack One, that to be honest, has really enhanced the way I’m using VCV Rack. And also, I’m celebrating today 10k subscribers on YouTube so I’ve decided to make another donation, and this one goes to the great MindMeld Modular team. The tools you’ve brought to VCV Rack are priceless… Thank you so much! And thanks again for all the support and feedback, I really appreciate it! :mushroom::mushroom::mushroom:

7 Likes

Congrats on the 10k :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Thank you so very much, Omri! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I haven’t found time to listen to your new album as much as it deserves as I‘m buried in my day job at the moment… but I have to say that your music changed how I listen to music, I regularly start to think „hm, how did Omri do that sound, I really like it“ :grinning: especially Divisions is a all-time favorite :+1:

2 Likes

Oh yes, Divisions is also my favorite :slight_smile: Thank you so much once again!

1 Like

Echo that, Divisions was epic!

By the way, Divisions was 100% VCV, and done on a very limited system so there were a relatively small amount of modules. It’s amazing how limitations can inspire…

3 Likes

Well done that man, this is an old album, only just found this thread! Truly trippy, love the echo on the 2nd track, what did you use for that? Have a good one as someone once said, get remember who, ‘My mind is going Dave’. Hope the world finds u well and has a good one as you for your Christmas break, Germany all locked down again!?

1 Like

Hey, thanks so much! I’m happy you enjoy it :slight_smile: I’m pretty sure that the echo is coming from the Chronolbob 2 in VCV. By modulating the delay times, you can get this granular feel. And yes, we’re in lockdown again… I really hope things will get better soon. Cheers and have a nice holiday!

Thanks for the reply, Can you remember how you modulated it, what did you put into Chronoblob?

Yeah, I mapped it to the nanoKontrol and changed the main time knob live :slight_smile:

Thank you very much, I’ll have a go with that. Much appreciated.

1 Like

My pleasure :slight_smile: And thanks again for your support!