My new hardware modular šŸ˜Ž

Thatā€™s itā€¦ !

9 Likes

This is just the sequencer, I guess? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

no pomona cables, no modularā€¦ :slight_smile:

I ran an ISP throughout the 90ā€™sā€¦ I stiff have PTSD when I see things like that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You made my day :laughing: At the beginning of my IT career in the 1970s the wiring in the cabinets of the really big computers looked similar, but mostly worse.

ā€¦I remember seeing black and white pictures of beautiful girls, smiling into the camera, one hand on the cables of the huge modular in front of them, the other one on their ear, holding a headphone, listening to the beautiful sounds they createdā€¦

Suzanne Ciani ? She indeed was super pretty :smiley:, and still is for her age !

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vJiTDhOTamo

I learned a lot there :smiley:

2 Likes

Wow thanks for the link !

1 Like

Thatā€™s the nice version. In the mid nineties, my small ISP had a bunch of Supras hooked up to a couple of Livingston PortManglers for much of its life. Iā€™d love to do a mom-and-pop ISP with modern tech.

Ah yes, writing tck/tk scripts to reconfigure bunches of Livingston Portmastersā€¦ perl scripts to auto-generate Radius filesā€¦ in retrospect, those were the days!

Back when the Internet was interesting and hadnā€™t descended into the purely useful.

1 Like

In my case RADIUS was handled by a graph database I wrote in Scheme and C. I still have that code floating about somewhere; I suspect itā€™s been so long since I looked at Bigloo Scheme internals, Iā€™d not understand much. I also wrote a cybercafe (remember them?) system using much the same tech stack.

1 Like

But they always sounded like voice synthesis: ā€œthe number you have dialed is no longer in service.ā€ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like