Mutable Instruments Beads Question

I have been out of the loop for a good while and was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the Mutable Instruments beads being brought over to VCV? Had a look about and can’t see much on it other than early last year stating it could take 6 - 9 months.

Thanks

I wouldn’t hold my breath, since by all accounts of what I remember hearing during the last couple of years, VCV has a huge backlog of work.

1 Like

Émilie has not released the Beads source yet.

2 Likes

ok thanks for letting me know

Files for Blades and Beads will be published by Emilie around summer 2022.

3 Likes

ah great stuff, thanks for the insight

Oh, she’s not doing the “find the hidden easter-egg” any more? I suppose it’s better she has some more dedicated time for recuperating dev-costs/income and such (otherwise people would pile on it in the beginning and then “unlock” the source after only a short run).

Would be nice at some point of course!

Now - summer 2022. :innocent:

1 Like

And now spring 23?

1 Like

Is there any word on if Beads will be coming to VCV Rack?

We’ll have to wait for the firmware to be open-sourced first.

1 Like

Do we know this is going to happen? Also, even if I’m excited for Beads to come out, I don’t want us to hassle Emily.

1 Like

No idea unfortunately.

This is the response I’ve got from Andrew Belt himself:

I haven’t looked into new Mutable Instruments modules in the last couple years. VCV will be releasing many many original modules this year though!

Huh.

2 Likes

Is there something you find puzzling about that?

I don’t know, sounds like a no to me.

No to Andrew doing it? Yes, it sounds like he is not interested. But there are a lot of ppl in the world.

Awesome news on more original modules in the pipeline, that sounds cool!

4 Likes