the last musical pals collab was a few weeks ago, so i thought it’s time for a new one! i came across an old minimalistic patch of mine, which i took as a starting point. it has an interesting interplay between μgraph and caudal, reminiscent of the classic krell style generative patches.
feel free to add more voices and change anything to your liking. also, anyone can make youtube videos of any phase of this project, and it could branch off into different directions.
from the previous post i’ve lifted some rules:
- Only use free modules.
- One “voice” or part per user. No limits on number of modules, effects and processing.
- You can also mute parts and take it in a different direction.
- Avoid external samples if you can. We want it as portable as possible.
- It would be nice if you add labels, so others can get a rough overview over who did what, for example with a Submarine TD-202. Still, don’t be afraid to change someone elses part.
- Add your name in the patch file name before uploading. Credit where credit is due.
- We’ll keep it going for as long as we want, hopefully our computers can keep up.
- IMPORTANT! Do not use Lindenberg Research Westcoast (bug)
musical pals 4 - ablaut.vcv (28.3 KB)
set your output, turn up the volume as needed, and have a bit of patience, as there can be quiet stretches…