MUS-X Synth open for beta testing

OK, the INIT patch should be the default I think, that would be great. It does not load on adding. But once loaded it is a great starting point. Exactly like in my mind it should be. Off to explore I am. Thanks for another beast of a synth voice to explore. Maybe some more advance presets would be good too, while you make the INIT patch the default state of this module

Great to hear it works now. Yes, I definitely want to add more presets for release.

On my machine, the template.vcvm is automatically loaded when adding the Synth module. Does anyone know how the defaullt template patch loading is supposed to work?

One last question: How does one unmap things once mapped? Also ā€˜Initializeā€™ does not unmap anything. Would be nice if ā€˜Initializeā€™ goes back to the INIT state, once you figure out how to load it on add.

When in assign mode (rings are blue), ā€œInitializeā€ just unmaps the modulations for the selected source.

So yes, ā€œInitializeā€ does not reset the whole module. But I think it makes sense this way, because clearing modulations for a specific source is something you might want to do quite often. ā€œRandomizeā€ works in a similar way.

Some knobs donā€™t ā€œinitializeā€ to 0.0 but to 100% f.i. the Semi knobs and the freq (when mapped to V/oct),

so in order to ā€œreset/unmapā€ them I have to type 0.

maybe have an umap right click menu item for each control? that is pretty standard in Rack for MIDI mapped knobs/sliders/whatever. Also. double-click should reset the control to default

Yes, double click resets to default. And having the oscillators track the keyboard is default behaviour imho. So the default value here is 100%

Will think about context menu options

How about you take your INIT patch as default, so any control returns to INIT state on double-click? That would make it predictable (once the INIT preset loads on add)

1 Like

I guess that would make sense

The default patch should now be loaded when adding the module. It previously worked for me, because I had a template patch in my user directory. Sorry for the confusion! I also added some presets

1 Like

default INIT patch indeed now loads. Also quite a few presets to play around with. Much better starting point!

2 Likes

I think I fixed the random crashes that could occur when pressing or releasing an assign button. The updated link is in the original post.

1 Like

I made some more updates:

• more presets
  • extended LFO frequency ranges
  • unique diverge for every module instance
  • when opening rack, the last saved state loads instead of the template
  • LFO phases and filters are reset on preset load
  • random source and LFOs are also triggered from gate input
  • envelopes can be made super snappy when modulating the times e.g. with gate
  • fixed context menu, added options to reset modulations
2 Likes

Synth is now released!

7 Likes

Wow this thing is amazing!

It sounds great and the functionality is pretty perfect - a really solid alternative to using VST polysynths!

Thank you very much!

1 Like

it is so great sounding, thanks for the lovely synth

it is also a bit of a CPU hog, running around 28% in a current patch

a little efficiency would be great as long as the complex tones donā€™t go away

Thank you! Try to adjust the quality settings in the context menu. CPU usage can be reduced a lot without sacrificing much quality.

1 Like

I really like the Synth and the delay and the filter,
they have a great distortion and sound superb.
:+1:

1 Like

When I hover over the v/octave button, I see a tooltip of options to assign the modulation. But VCV will not let me navigate or click within that tooltip. Same for other inputs. Right clock brings a different menu lacking assignment options.

Do you get something useful when right-clicking on the panel, instead of the widget?