Mo's sphere of random patches / music

My entry for @Omri_Cohen 's Day of the Dead Giveaway.

My ideas behind the patch:

I “accidentally” patched Nitrous in a feedback loop while doing some ping-testing with it and it happened to self-oscillate at clock speeds with a usable waveshape for clocking a sequencer (upper Scope). With Resonance at 100% and Cutoff quite low, the Drive Control becomes a Speed Control.

There are two “Nitroclocks” at different speeds running a seq-8 each, which are pinging the second pair of nitruos with different speeds.

I wanted to get out as much as possible from those two nitroclocks, so the first pair of S&H (VCV Random - botton left) is sampling the waveform of one nitrous, while triggered by the other one. I use those modulation for different things all over the place, one output goes to a quantizer and then as V/Oct to the Geodesics Energy. The second pair of S&H is used for a slower and more slewed modulation, which is among other things modulating the speed of the nitroclocks.

I use a mixer for each stereo-side while patching everything in both mixers but modulating one input with a CV, while the other one is modulated with the same CV, but inverted, to get a panning effect.

The Delays are modulated in Speed to get those chirping-sounds and in Feedback on the Geodesics Energy.

I change the quantization from Cmin to Omris favorite scale to finally land on a Cmaj.

Here is the patch for you to play around if you like:

• mo
5 Likes